Default Virginia Snowshoes

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:41:38 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Johnny, your golf course wants you to wear these while your loafing around your local course during snow storms. They said something about making yourself useful.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...ed%20Boats%202

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places, especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H.[_5_] View Post
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:41:38 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Johnny, your golf course wants you to wear these while your loafing around your local course during snow storms. They said something about making yourself useful.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...ed%20Boats%202

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places, especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!
Must play havoc with the golf game.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 09:22:45 +0000, RGrew176
wrote:

'John H.[_5_ Wrote:
;1054220']On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:41:38 -0800 (PST), True North
-
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...d%20Boats%202-

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places,
especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to
keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Must play havoc with the golf game.

Got down to 60 here and I had to bundle up

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/ready%20for%20winter.jpg

wrote:
-
Johnny, your golf course wants you to wear these while your loafing
around your local course during snow storms. They said something about
making yourself useful.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...d%20Boats%202-

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places,
especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to
keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Must play havoc with the golf game.

Got down to 60 here and I had to bundle up

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/ready%20for%20winter.jpg

Where did you get the small slide, Nanook?

wrote:
-
Johnny, your golf course wants you to wear these while your loafing
around your local course during snow storms. They said something about
making yourself useful.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...d%20Boats%202-

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places,
especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to
keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Must play havoc with the golf game.

I went by the course a little while ago. Some of the greens still have several inches
of snow on them, and none of the fairways were even half clear. I was hoping for
Friday as the temps are supposed to be high this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

wrote:
-
Johnny, your golf course wants you to wear these while your loafing
around your local course during snow storms. They said something about
making yourself useful.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whit...d%20Boats%202-

Nope, the gates are closed. Still about six inches in many places,
especially those
with shade. Plus, the ground is so wet we'd have to wear snowshoes to
keep from
sinking.

Cute idea though. Thanks.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Must play havoc with the golf game.

Got down to 60 here and I had to bundle up

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/ready%20for%20winter.jpg

Where did you get the small slide, Nanook?

Found it on the side of the road ;-)
That is the "slide of death". I actually got a cancellation notice
from my insurance company because I had a pool slide. I sent them a
picture with a yard stick setting next to it.
They then changed up and said they really meant I didn't have a fence
around my pool. and I asked them if the woman who spotted the S.O.D
noticed the screen cage?
They did and they had tacked on an additional $150 to my insurance
bill for it.
I never heard any more about it. The kids quickly outgrew the slide
and it became a ball return for the basketball hoop we had there.
Now it is just a place holder for the waterfall that was originally
planned for that spot.
That piece of PVC pipe sitting there was the prototype to test the
plumbing to be sure I had enough head pressure from the pool pump.

wrote:
-
[...]

Speaking of pools, I finally made it over to the fairly new Hall
(Calvert County) indoor aquatics center, which has a bunch of swim
lanes, a huge jacuzzi and a therapy pool, which I also tried and has
water at a balmy 86 degrees Fahrenheit, and an exercise equipment room,
too. Nice play to spend an afternoon in the middle of the winter here.

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:59:40 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

Speaking of pools, I finally made it over to the fairly new Hall
(Calvert County) indoor aquatics center, which has a bunch of swim
lanes, a huge jacuzzi and a therapy pool, which I also tried and has
water at a balmy 86 degrees Fahrenheit, and an exercise equipment room,
too. Nice play to spend an afternoon in the middle of the winter here.

What temperature are they running the pool with the lanes?
It would be 80-81 and we like hot water here. It is just not good for
exercising.

wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 13:59:40 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

Speaking of pools, I finally made it over to the fairly new Hall
(Calvert County) indoor aquatics center, which has a bunch of swim
lanes, a huge jacuzzi and a therapy pool, which I also tried and has
water at a balmy 86 degrees Fahrenheit, and an exercise equipment room,
too. Nice play to spend an afternoon in the middle of the winter here.

What temperature are they running the pool with the lanes?
It would be 80-81 and we like hot water here. It is just not good for
exercising.

I'll ask the next time I visit. The therapy pool was hot enough for me.
Doubt I could tolerate the heat in the jacuzzi pool.

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

Virginia shooting [email protected] General 32 September 1st 15 02:14 AM
In Virginia, so .... Mr. Luddite General 29 December 15th 14 09:31 PM
US Virginia Newport RI Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 1 July 17th 07 02:24 AM
Virginia Marinas?? Rosalie B. Cruising 0 November 13th 05 04:18 AM
Virginia: The Old Dominion JudyWoodson General 0 July 19th 05 05:02 PM