Default Tell a lie often enough

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:16:03 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:31:14 -0500, Justan Olphart
wrote:

What's your method to pick up dog **** and dispose of it. As much detail
as possible please. There are a lot of dog owners here who would like to
know. Here's your chance to post something useful. Please don't disappoint.

If y'all don't know how to perform that simple task by now Stinky, y'all shouldn't own a dog.

Perhaps you have a better way. Don't be testy now. We're just trying to
engage you in a civilized manner.

===

"Here's one way that I've seen demonstrated. *It's neat and tidy, and
has the additional advantage of warming your hand on a cold day:

Insert hand into the bag like it was a big mitten;

Pick up the dog poop;

With your free hand, turn the bag inside out thus leaving poop inside
the bad and freeing your (still clean, now warm) hand."

Good to see someone using common sense.
That's the exact method used by myself and the vast majority of the local dog walkers....and yes, the type and size of bag matters.
The freebe version supplied by our parks and grounds people are a bit too narrow for me. Somewhat like sticking your hand in a cookie jar and after loading up, get stuck. I buy ours from the Dollar store...60 biodegradable bags for a loonie.

That is most certainly the correct procedure for the *first* load, for the second and
subsequent loads, a bit of handy-dandy dexterity is required. But, it's easily
accomplished.

What do you do with the bags that are full of poop? Here we must double bag the poop
before putting in the trash for pickup.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:24:06 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:02:39 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 1/29/16 11:49 AM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:41:10 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 1/29/16 10:22 AM, True North wrote:
On Friday, 29 January 2016 10:30:35 UTC-4, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 1/29/2016 8:13 AM, True North wrote:
The John flushes...

"Yes it would. My neighbor and I share an order from Uline. He uses the bags for his
*big* Doberman. No problem. These guys hold a lot.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...OrderHistory=Y

They come in sets of 100 and hang on a doorknob or hook so they're easy to rip off.
Because they're made to drop newspapers in, one side of the top opening is lower than
the other. That makes them very easy to open, even with cold, cold fingers (which you
never get to experience)."

But...are they biodegradable? Otherwise you're just part of the problem.

What's your method to pick up dog **** and dispose of it. As much detail
as possible please. There are a lot of dog owners here who would like to
know. Here's your chance to post something useful. Please don't disappoint.

If y'all don't know how to perform that simple task by now Stinky,
y'all shouldn't own a dog.

FlaJim, I am sure, picks up the dog poop in his bare hands.

You're sure? You have pictures? How are the owls?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Three times now I have told you I haven't seen our local owls in a
while. But we do have hawks. I'd tell you where, but you are just the
sort of asshole who would shoot them.

Actually, I believe this is the first time you've mentioned the owls after your
'picture' turned out to be someone else's. But, I do believe you've never seen those
owls, let alone take the pictures you presented to the group as yours.

Given that, I don't believe much of anything you say, whether it's about birds,
barns, or Cape Horn.

--

Ban idiots, not guns!

The only aspect of you I believe is that you are a racist.

No sweat. Your opinion actually carries very little weight. Being called a racist by
one who spends his life prevaricating is not so bad.

What unit was that in Vietnam again?
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Justan Olphart wrote:
On 1/29/2016 10:22 AM, True North wrote:
[...]

He just kicks it to the curb and let's it go in to the bay with all the
other fecal matter the municipality dumps.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:57:39 -0800, Califbill billnews wrote:

He just kicks it to the curb and let's it go in to the bay with all the
other fecal matter the municipality dumps.

Compared to what Frank Purdue is dumping in from the Eastern Shore and
what DC dumps in, untreated every time it rains or the snow melts, it
is insignificant. I would be interested to see what the fecal coliform
numbers at Quantico are right now. I suppose I could look but it will
be later today

John H.
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:16:03 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

"That is most certainly the correct procedure for the *first* load, for the second and
subsequent loads, a bit of handy-dandy dexterity is required. But, it's easily
accomplished.

What do you do with the bags that are full of poop? Here we must double bag the poop
before putting in the trash for pickup."

Depends on where I am. If walking on the sidewalk near the city trash cans....in it goes. At the local park they provide big drums with clear garbage bags inside for us. At home, my Springer has his own '**** can' with a large leaf type garbage bag inside. Over a two week period only a small fraction of that bag is filled.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:27:06 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 09:16:03 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

"That is most certainly the correct procedure for the *first* load, for the second and
subsequent loads, a bit of handy-dandy dexterity is required. But, it's easily
accomplished.

What do you do with the bags that are full of poop? Here we must double bag the poop
before putting in the trash for pickup."

Depends on where I am. If walking on the sidewalk near the city trash cans...in it goes. At the local park they provide big drums with clear garbage bags inside for us. At home, my Springer has his own '**** can' with a large leaf type garbage bag inside. Over a two week period only a small fraction of that bag is filled.

But see, by putting the bags in a leaf type bag or a clear garbage bag, you're also
part of the problem.

Being perfect is a bitch. That's why so few of us are.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

John H.
"But see, by putting the bags in a leaf type bag or a clear garbage bag, you're also
part of the problem.

Being perfect is a bitch. That's why so few of us are."

You're far from perfect, Johnny.
It's a fairly new law up here (since August 1 2014) that we are allowed one black bag and up to four clear bags every two weeks. This is to encourage the non conforming to properly recycle what can be recycled.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:55:21 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
"But see, by putting the bags in a leaf type bag or a clear garbage bag, you're also
part of the problem.

Being perfect is a bitch. That's why so few of us are."

You're far from perfect, Johnny.
It's a fairly new law up here (since August 1 2014) that we are allowed one black bag and up to four clear bags every two weeks. This is to encourage the non conforming to properly recycle what can be recycled.

OK, but hopefully you get my point about using the biodegradable bags. If you put
them inside non-biodegradable bags, what have you accomplished?

I agree I'm far from perfect. There's only one person here that's perfect...according
to himself anyway. But, we won't go into that.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 1/29/2016 3:55 PM, True North wrote:
John H.
"But see, by putting the bags in a leaf type bag or a clear garbage bag, you're also
part of the problem.

Being perfect is a bitch. That's why so few of us are."

You're far from perfect, Johnny.
It's a fairly new law up here (since August 1 2014) that we are allowed one black bag and up to four clear bags every two weeks. This is to encourage the non conforming to properly recycle what can be recycled.

Here in the burbs they provide a 96 gal trash barrel and a somewhat
smaller recycle barrel. They collect every week. We also have unlimited
yard waste pickup once a week.
Your stuff must get pretty ripe by the end of a two week cycle.

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:23:33 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 1/29/2016 3:55 PM, True North wrote:
John H.
"But see, by putting the bags in a leaf type bag or a clear garbage bag, you're also
part of the problem.

Being perfect is a bitch. That's why so few of us are."

You're far from perfect, Johnny.
It's a fairly new law up here (since August 1 2014) that we are allowed one black bag and up to four clear bags every two weeks. This is to encourage the non conforming to properly recycle what can be recycled.

Here in the burbs they provide a 96 gal trash barrel and a somewhat
smaller recycle barrel. They collect every week. We also have unlimited
yard waste pickup once a week.
Your stuff must get pretty ripe by the end of a two week cycle.

We're lucky here also. Huge trash barrel, probably the same size as yours, and a
recycle barrel that's about as big. Paper, cans, bottles, and plastic all go into the
same recycle container. Each are picked up weekly. Brush is picked up weekly also.
Must be smaller than 6" diameter, which is pretty damn big! And the bundles are not
supposed to be more than six feet long. Have to admit I'm very satisfied with the
trash removal in this county.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!