Default Wives and cars

Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

On 1/14/16 6:05 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

She's lucky she made it home...
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luddite View Post
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...sboch/tire.jpg
Had to drive on it some distance to destroy it so completely.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:21:50 +0000, RGrew176
wrote:

Mr. Luddite;1053002 Wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...sboch/tire.jpg

Had to drive on it some distance to destroy it so completely.

Not really. These low profile radials pretty much self destruct when
the belt separates. The one I had, looked like that in about a mile
maybe less. It was enough time to slow down from about 85, cross 3
lanes of traffic and get to the right shoulder. (the left side was a
death trap if I stopped there, concrete barrier and a narrow
shoulder.)

On 1/15/2016 1:21 AM, RGrew176 wrote:
Mr. Luddite;1053002 Wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...sboch/tire.jpg

Had to drive on it some distance to destroy it so completely.

Less than 3 miles at about 35 mph.

Senior Member

Mr. Luddite;1053002 Wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...sboch/tire.jpg

Had to drive on it some distance to destroy it so completely.

Less than 3 miles at about 35 mph.
That would do it.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:05:22 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

Aw, just shoot a plug in it and you will be fine ;-)

Actually I had a tire shred like that by the time I could slow down
from 85 on the interstate and I knew I was in trouble before it really
started losing air. Once that belt starts to peel, it happens pretty
fast. I didn't try to get home tho. I put the donut on and went to the
tire store.

wrote:

Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

===

Usuallt they're only flat on the bottom but that one seems to be the
exception. :-)

On 1/14/2016 6:05 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

Never a dull moment at Rancho Luddite. :-)

On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 6:05:30 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Mrs.E. came home from running down to the local store this afternoon
and told me she thought she was getting a flat tire. Said she heard
something and car felt funny after that.

Went out to check. Yup. Flat tire alright.

She should stick to riding horses.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/Eisboch/tire.jpg

Back when the whole fiasco over Explorers being unstable when a tire blew, I had one.

I was doing 75 or so and encountered a chunk of 18 wheeler brake drum on the interstate. There was nowhere to go, so I centered it and hoped for the best. It hit the front diff shield (4x4 Explorer), flipped around underneath, hit the gas tank shield, then cut a big gash in the rear left tire sidewall, producing an instant flat at 75mph. It wagged around in the road, but I just let off the gas and coasted over to the shoulder. 20 or so minutes, and I was on my way on the spare.

After that, I saw a show where they tested the Explorer in sudden flat situations. They experienced the same as me... it is no big deal when you have a sudden flat. It is just the bad drivers doing stupid things, like jerking the wheel when it starts wagging around.

Glad your wife made it hone safely.

Wives and Guns jps General 11 June 25th 14 12:30 PM
Dogs vs Wives John H[_2_] General 25 July 11th 11 03:00 AM
Wives are fair target, the Spoofer thinks so.....so..... *e#c General 0 January 12th 11 01:38 AM