Default Squirrel hunting

A squirrel set up residence in the attic of our house about two weeks
ago. At night I could hear the pitter-patter of little feet running
around in a small workshop that is located in the attic'. I saw him a
few days ago when I opened the door and caught him by surprise sitting
there. He ran off quickly into some insulation on a wall and was gone.
That night he was back again though.

So, I bought one of those electronic ultra-sonic things.
It seemed to work because that night I didn't hear him at all. But,
then I realized that he was probably still in the attic somewhere and
had just moved to a more inviting location.

I searched for a trap and found one on Amazon. It had some good reviews
and was only about $25, so I decided to order one and try it.

It arrived today. Made in China but good quality. After looking it over
I baited it with some peanut butter, set it and put it on the work shop
floor.

Came back down to my computer to argue about drones and *SLAM*. I heard
the door on the trap slam shut. Only took about 15 minutes. Went back
up and sure enough, the night prowler was jailed. Let him go out near
the woods, away from the house. He booked it up the nearest tree.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 19:29:54 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

Unless you just want to run aa "dinner and a ride to the woods"
service, you have to find out how they get in and plug the hole. We
had a plague of "Palmetto Squirrels" (rattus rattus) here and I ended
up killing a half dozen or more before I got all the holes plugged
up.

The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

True North wrote:
The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that
little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

Sounds good. Maybe you should use your shotgun for hunting, but otherwise
you Arjuna a gun nut.

Tim Tim is offline

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:28:46 PM UTC-6, True North wrote:
The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

LOL! Don with exception ofA 'TV snack' that would be me...

On 12/15/2015 9:38 PM, Tim wrote:
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:28:46 PM UTC-6, True North wrote:
The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

LOL! Don with exception ofA 'TV snack' that would be me...

Many years ago in a different house we had a large squirrel that got in.
He was driving us nuts running back and forth above a hanging ceiling we
had in the finished basement.

I had a high powered Crossman pump pellet rifle at the time.
One night I heard him out in the kitchen/dining room area. I quietly
approached the area with the rifle armed and pumped. He was sitting
on a buffet chomping on an apple from a basket my wife had sitting on it.

One shot in the head did him in. Then I spent the next two hours
cleaning up the brains and blood splattered all over the wall before my
wife saw it.

Trap was much cleaner and easier. Plus, the little critter got to live
another day.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/15/2015 9:38 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

First year we were married, I went to an NCR school in Dayton, OH. We
rented the upstairs quarter of an old Victorian. Next to the graveyard.
The squirrels living in the attic must have had a bowling alley. They
seemed to roll hickory nuts day and night.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 22:18:30 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 12/15/2015 9:38 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

You should have spent the next two hours cleaning the mess, dressing the squirrel,
and frying the little bugger! Head shot is the way to go with a squirrel.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Tim
On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:28:46 PM UTC-6, True North wrote:
The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

"LOL! Don with exception ofA 'TV snack' that would be me..."

Tim...say it ain't so...... ;-)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:28:45 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

The gun nuts in here would have loved the opportunity to blast that little critter and munch on it as a tv snack.

Amen!
--

Ban idiots, not guns!