Default Personal Best!

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:36:48 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:14:45 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
Yippee. Shot an 81 today. Best yet. In a good mood. Going to see the Trans Siberian
Orchestra tonight with daughters and SILs. Should be a great show. Usually is.

For a taste:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef_=pd_va_rv_1

--

Ban idiots, not guns!
Nice, John!

Wizards in Winter is great. I loved that show - it was an amazing
production!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLOh44P5z0

They did it last night as a start to the second half of the show. The light show was
unbelievable.

Most of the show was fantastic. They got off the Christmas theme at the end and
played stuff from their new album. I won't be buying the new album. I'm glad they did
that though. Gave us all a chance to get the jump on the crowd headed for the Metro
station.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

The only thing I didn't like - and this was four years ago - was all of
the narration. It was mostly nonsense. The rest was similar to Cirque
Du Soleil with cast members running all over the venue while they still
played their instruments. The lasers and pyrotechnics were amazing for
an indoor venue.

Perhaps they've cut down on the talking. Most of the extraneous talking was
introducing the players. The show was entitled, "The Ghosts Of Christmas Eve" and I
was expecting to see roughly the same show as on the DVD. I would guess maybe half of
the DVD selections were performed, along with a narration of the story as on the DVD,
with the movie in the background. But much was left out, like 'Christmas Canon', my
favorite piece on the DVD.

The 'Ghosts...' portion was a bit over half the show, with the rest being songs from
new and old albums - some really, heavy, rockin' stuff which I appreciated a lot more
with my hearing aids in my pocket! The light and pyrotechnics were amazing,
especially for being indoors.

I really wanted to see this, paid the bucks to see it, and they didn't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cP26ndrmtg

Yup, I was disappointed and will probably never do another TSO show again.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

John H. wrote:
[...]

Not to worry: there's plenty of schmaltz out there for you to see.

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:14:45 -0500, Alex wrote:

Yup, I was disappointed and will probably never do another TSO show again.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Not to worry: there's plenty of schmaltz out there for you to see.

Thanks, Harry. We take a ride after Christmas Eve services to look at the decorations
on houses in the area.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

New Personal Best.... John H[_2_] General 10 August 4th 10 01:30 AM
Personal Attacks NE Sailboat Cruising 10 July 17th 07 06:06 PM
Personal Ad Bobsprit ASA 4 August 19th 03 03:28 AM