Default Supremes let "Assault Weapon" ban stand

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:42:19 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:25:05 -0500,
wrote:

Be careful, falls on ice are a leading cause of broken hips in the
north east. Â*As for me, it looks like I'm going to have to make the
ultimate sacrifice and turn off the pool heater, much as I hate to do
that.

"It looks like I am going straight from no pool heat to no pool. I was
holding the high 70s, not really "florida friendly" but tolerable. The
last cold snap took it down to 73. Now it is only suitable to guys
like Don who swim in arctic waters year around.
I imagine our kids will get in next week. They are Northern Michigan
people now."

More like North Atlantic waters 3 months of the year.....max.

When I was there it was more like -2C

wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:10:47 -0500, John H.
wrote:

All those laws help explain why Boston isn't in the top 100 most dangerous places.
But, it doesn't explain why MA has seven other cities in the top 100.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...p100dangerous/

Of course, it may be that the roundabouts are the most dangerous things in MA. :)

===

Not at all. The most dangerous thinga in MA are Boston drivers making
left hand turns from the middle and right lanes.

I think it is the fallacy that Bostonians can drive safely.

wrote:

wrote:

All those laws help explain why Boston isn't in the top 100 most dangerous places.
But, it doesn't explain why MA has seven other cities in the top 100.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...p100dangerous/

Of course, it may be that the roundabouts are the most dangerous things in MA. :)

===

Not at all. The most dangerous thinga in MA are Boston drivers making
left hand turns from the middle and right lanes.

True story
Today my wife is directing traffic in the country club, sending people
to the overflow parking. A lady says she wants to park next to the
building because she is disabled ... BLIND!
She popped out with a white cane and tip tapped herself inside.

YIKES!

Anther true story. We were tieing down the boat to the trailer, and a lady
pulls up next to us after dropping the boat in the water. I guess husband
is with boat. She informs us she is legally blind.

Tim wrote:
On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 9:28:12 AM UTC-6, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 12/7/15 10:22 AM, Tim wrote:
Harry this tells me that you got rid of a 50 yr of design assault rifle in leu of a 150 year old design assault rifle.

Probably, but the replacement for the Colt looks like your run of the
mill ordinary rifle.

How are you feeling, by the way? On the road to recovery, I hope.

Actually Im feeling rather well, thanks for asking. Yesterday, I went to the dr. for a follow up, and will start cardio-therapy at my local hospital next week. Still got a ways to go but the immediate dangers are over, at least that's the popular opinion...

Nice! Keep it up, Tim.

True North wrote:
John H.
"I would think some rabbit hunting would be good cardio-therapy."

Yeah...that makes a lot of sense.
Celebrate surviving a potential life threatening situation by killing something else.
That seems so 'merican!

Go eat your commercially-killed cheeseburger and STFU.

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 20:43:01 -0500, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
John H.
"I would think some rabbit hunting would be good cardio-therapy."

Yeah...that makes a lot of sense.
Celebrate surviving a potential life threatening situation by killing something else.
That seems so 'merican!

Go eat your commercially-killed cheeseburger and STFU.

I asked him if he ate meat. He wouldn't respond. I reckon he's a vegan or something.
Wonder if he wears plastic shoes and belts and work gloves.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

John H.
"I asked him if he ate meat. He wouldn't respond. I reckon he's a vegan or something.
Wonder if he wears plastic shoes and belts and work gloves."

Johnny....we're not talking about me.
We have a regular who came through a traumatic episode and the first thing you recommend is going out for some shoot'in and kill'in. Does that seem logical to you?

On 12/9/15 8:50 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
"I asked him if he ate meat. He wouldn't respond. I reckon he's a vegan or something.
Wonder if he wears plastic shoes and belts and work gloves."

Johnny....we're not talking about me.
We have a regular who came through a traumatic episode and the first thing you recommend is going out for some shoot'in and kill'in. Does that seem logical to you?

For some, guns are the solution to everything.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 12/9/15 8:50 AM, True North wrote:
John H.
"I asked him if he ate meat. He wouldn't respond. I reckon he's a vegan or something.
Wonder if he wears plastic shoes and belts and work gloves."

Johnny....we're not talking about me.
We have a regular who came through a traumatic episode and the first
thing you recommend is going out for some shoot'in and kill'in. Does
that seem logical to you?

For some, guns are the solution to everything.

That and a bigger hammer.