Default Good day Tater

Sorry for the Ron White reference;-)

I had my boat at the welder today and I was very pleasantly surprised.
I went to Fusion Welding in Ft Myers. It was a little TIG job on my
boat but they worked me into the schedule right away, did a good job
and got me out the door for $60sumpin. I rounded it up to $70 and
left smiling. These guys are not really set up to make change.

They were doing some pretty cool stuff there and they have just about
any big metal machine you could ask for. One guy was cutting CAD based
patterns with a plasma cutter, they have a sand blasting bay and it
looks like they might even powder coat. They were certainly prepping
for it.
Best part, I picked out some primo stuff from the aluminum recycle and
they gave it to me (a piece of 6x6 1/4" square tube a couple feet long
and some 2x6 1/8" about the same size)
Great stuff for making brackets and other widgets

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 20:12:38 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 20:07:42 -0500,
wrote:

[...]

===

Thanks for posting. That's a good resource to know about.

There are so many places that leave you disappointed or frustrated
these days. I thought they were worth a plug.
I am at 925 hours on my motor and I was doing most of the 1000 hour
along with some other things when I noticed a crack forming behind one
of my lift rings. The guy drilled a hole at both ends of the crack and
then laid a bead around the whole area. It was real pretty work and
finished in time for our Wednesday evening boat ride with some time to
spare.
This is behind the Sky King Fireworks place south of Gladiolus
(Brothers Court)

I still need a new boat but this kicked the can down the road a ways.
I now have a boat broker in the neighborhood and I want to have him
keep an eye out for a quality pontoon that somebody parked under an
oak tree for a few years. I just want the metal parts since I am not a
"living room furniture" style pontoon boat user.
The deck is negotiable and I know I will need a new rug when I throw
away all of the seating. I will be pretty picky though on the boat.
There are a lot of cheesy pontoons out there and I am tough on them.
Picking it up from lift rings is one issue.

I still may order one from the guy in Ohio but getting it here is
tough. He builds work boats