Default Impressed

Hope I am not being too naive, but my respect for Hillary has gone up a
several notches after watching her handle the absolutely disgraceful
performance and inquisition by the Tea Party programmed House majority.

Those members of the GOP involved in this farce and those who support
them should be ashamed of themselves.

This is not normal.

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 20:29:24 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/22/2015 8:27 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In article aYidnSdu1pvP47TLnZ2dnUU7-
, says...

Hope I am not being too naive, but my respect for Hillary has gone up a
several notches after watching her handle the absolutely disgraceful
performance and inquisition by the Tea Party programmed House majority.

Those members of the GOP involved in this farce and those who support
them should be ashamed of themselves.

This is not normal.

For the GOP, it's perfectly normal.

Not the GOP I grew up knowing. The Tea Party movement changed it.

Yeah I know. Eisenhower actually reduced the size of government,
eliminated the deficit and paid down some of the debt.
Nobody has even come close since. We had a chance with Goldwater
(Hillary even thought so) but people chose the "peace" candidate who
got into a decade long war ... that we lost.
It went downhill steadily from there. The middle class never
recovered, deficits soared, the government bloated up and we have been
in never ending war for half a century.

The tea party sounded like they might be on to something but they
turned out to be bible thumping fanatics who lost their focus and
their credibility.

If I had to pick the time that congress and the media flipped, it was
Watergate. Politics became more about "gotcha" than accomplishing good
things for the country and the media is always looking for some kind
of scandal to exploit.

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 22:11:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 20:58:57 -0400,
wrote:

[...]

===

That's a damn good summary. I hereby appoint you arm chair
philosopher and governmental analyst of the year. :-)

I have always believed that going after Nixon like they did may have
been the worst thing that ever happened to this country. It enabled
the media (like Chevy Chase) to ridicule Ford for no particular reason
and it went down hill from there.
Can you imagine doing wheelchair jokes about FDR or outing JFK's
peccadillos?
Carter got softballs, his policies were bad enough. Reagan and HW
mostly got a pass although we probably had more war than we should
when they called Bush a wimp.. When Clinton and later GWB were in
office, the gloves were off and nothing was out of line or out of
bounds. That brings us to where we are today.
It is no wonder we have so many nutty candidates. Who in their right
mind would want to throw themselves into that meat grinder?

On 10/22/2015 8:24 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Hope I am not being too naive, but my respect for Hillary has gone up a
several notches after watching her handle the absolutely disgraceful
performance and inquisition by the Tea Party programmed House majority.

Those members of the GOP involved in this farce and those who support
them should be ashamed of themselves.

This is not normal.

They don't call em slick Willy and slick Hilly for nothing. So sad that
you are impressed with them.

On 10/23/2015 7:56 AM, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 10/22/2015 8:24 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Hope I am not being too naive, but my respect for Hillary has gone up a
several notches after watching her handle the absolutely disgraceful
performance and inquisition by the Tea Party programmed House majority.

Those members of the GOP involved in this farce and those who support
them should be ashamed of themselves.

This is not normal.

They don't call em slick Willy and slick Hilly for nothing. So sad that
you are impressed with them.

My respect for Hillary rose somewhat because of how she handled
a bunch of low life, tea party, ultra right wing idiots who have spent
over $21 million tax payer dollars for political gain purposes.
If it's not illegal, it sure should be. How many times do you ask the
same question expecting a different response?

Plus, it was obvious that the 11 hour grilling was nothing short of an
attempt to wear her down and get her either blow up or say something
that would aid their goal of keeping her poll numbers down and hopefully
keep her from getting elected. This hearing had nothing to do with
Benghazi and everything to do with politics.

On 10/23/15 9:56 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Hillary's testimony yesterday had nothing to do with "slickness." It had
everything to do with knowledge, preparation, temperment, and the
indisputable fact that her adversaries on the committee, and they were
adversaries, were for the most part total goofuses whose political
motivations were apparent to all but the dumbest observer.

On 10/23/2015 10:37 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

It's rare when you and I agree especially when it comes to Hillary but I
think hell just froze over.

Not impressed: Garmin GPSmap76 Frogwatch[_2_] General 17 October 30th 09 08:09 PM
If you are impressed by Harry's wit and humor... Just Jim General 0 June 30th 09 06:18 PM
I'm impressed DSK ASA 31 June 1st 06 07:30 AM
suitably impressed - for harry. Bryan General 0 January 26th 06 05:29 AM
I'm impressed... Scott Vernon ASA 4 February 11th 05 12:01 AM