Default Carolina is getting a pretty good blow

I looked at Wayne's wind map and you can see it quite well.
You also get a good look at the wind we have.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....83,28.01,1389

On 10/4/2015 1:52 PM, wrote:

I looked at Wayne's wind map and you can see it quite well.
You also get a good look at the wind we have.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....83,28.01,1389

My son (and his family) in Mt. Pleasant, SC are experiencing some
serious flooding, roof damage, leaks, etc. and he's in a recently
constructed house.

They have had 12 inches of rain in a very short period of time with more
to come.

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 3:20:15 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/4/2015 1:52 PM, wrote:

I looked at Wayne's wind map and you can see it quite well.
You also get a good look at the wind we have.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current....83,28.01,1389

My son (and his family) in Mt. Pleasant, SC are experiencing some
serious flooding, roof damage, leaks, etc. and he's in a recently
constructed house.

They have had 12 inches of rain in a very short period of time with more
to come.

Hopefully he's come out of it OK. We're just outside of Columbia, and were fortunate. My house is on a hill, so we're dry and only had power blink a couple of times. Last count there are nearly 60 roads closed in the area due to flooding and washouts. Probably half a dozen dams were breached. The train trestle across the Broad River in Columbia has about half of the concrete pilings under it washed away. It'll take a couple of years to fix, if it's ever fixed at all.

They opened 3 of 4 flood gates on Lake Murray to keep it under full pool. It was the first time since 1969 that they had been opened for a weather related event. They were flowing over 8 million gallon a minute!

wrote:

[...]

Good to hear you made out ok. My son's place had some flooding but the
Mt. Pleasant area was not as hard hit as other places more inland.

With all that has been going on though, it wouldn't surprise me to hear
that they are going to pack up and move back north. Nothing to do with
storms or climate. Other problems.

Pretty Good Stew... hk General 19 May 27th 10 01:31 PM
Pretty Good Panga... HK General 3 July 18th 07 11:40 PM
Good Carolina (US) sailing school? renewontime dot com Cruising 9 March 31st 05 07:58 AM
Pretty Good Constitution Phil Morris ASA 0 August 20th 04 03:43 AM
pretty damn good Joe ASA 9 February 25th 04 02:06 AM