Default Routine...

....the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

Keyser Söze wrote:
...the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

Why is it, that also cities with lots of legal guns have low crime rates?
Maybe is a cultural thing? Seems as if the psychiatrist and psychologist
communities do not have a handle on the why, or the cure. There are two
groups committing the majority of the shootings. Drug gangs and nut cases.
That is the problem we need to address, not the tools. Deadliest weapon
around is a vehicle. We have had nut cases drive down sidewalks, and into
crowds. And all cars are registered. No waiting period to purchase. We
have lost the war on drugs, need to find another way to deal with them.
Look at media, lots of killing, and violent games. Maybe we need to
address the root cause of the violence.

On 10/2/15 12:31 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
...the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

Maybe is a cultural thing?

Maybe. What's the cultural background on the latest mass murderer, the
guy in Oregon?

Seems as if the psychiatrist and psychologist
communities do not have a handle on the why, or the cure.

That's exceptionally naive, even for you.

Maybe we need to
address the root cause of the violence.

People who think violence is the way to cure what ails them?

Keyser Söze wrote:
...the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

Maybe is a cultural thing?

Maybe. What's the cultural background on the latest mass murderer, the
guy in Oregon?

Most of the shootings are in the drug culture. Seems as the Oregon shooter
maybe relate to your thinking. Targeted a religious segment.

Seems as if the psychiatrist and psychologist
communities do not have a handle on the why, or the cure.

That's exceptionally naive, even for you.

Bull****!
Why so many nut cases, not under control after years of "treatment"?

Maybe we need to
address the root cause of the violence.

People who think violence is the way to cure what ails them?

Those who want to commit suicide and get lots of publicity.

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:19:31 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

...the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

So is the idea that there are a few simple "common sense" laws that
will stop crazy people.

Without keeping YOU from buying guns and ammo, what would have stopped
the other guys, particularly the ones with no documented mental or
criminal histories.

Keyser Söze wrote:
...the reaction of most of the right-wing gunslingers here to the calls
for more controls on the ability of individuals to get their hands on
firearms.

"Nothing will work, nothing can work, so there's no reason to do
anything that might interfere even slightly with our ability to obtain
just about any firearms and ammo we want."

Routine.

Maybe is a cultural thing?

Maybe. What's the cultural background on the latest mass murderer, the
guy in Oregon?

"But a murky portrait was emerging of a quiet and withdrawn young man who struggled
to connect with other people, instead seeking attention online, and who harbored
anger against organized religion."

Sound familiar, krause? Substitute 'old' for 'young' and add, '...spending most of
his time in his basement'.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 15:10:03 -0400, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 10/2/15 2:04 PM, wrote:
[...]

The things that would work for these mass shooters violates HIPPA
I heard a guy today saying they should put prescription records into
the check system and anyone who ever took anti depressants would be on
the list.
Effective? Maybe., Acceptable to the mental health community? not so
much.
I also wonder how long it would be before this information was used by
employers landlords and maybe even credit agencies.
Who would want to rent to someone or hire someone that the government
said was too crazy to buy a gun?

Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

And, they are both fervent zombie killers. How's that for a coincidence?