Default Speaking of camping.

We returned earlier from a trip to Richmond for a wedding. Spent the weekend in
Pocahontas State Park, just south of Richmond. It's close to I-95 and a great park.
Lots of trails, for walking and bikes. Not at all expensive. No sewage hookup, but
easily accessible dump station. I don't know of any Virginia state parks that have
sewage hookups. We've stated at Lake Anna, Shenandoah River, Pocahontas, and First
Landing State Parks. All have been exceptionally well-maintained and very reasonably
priced. First Landing is a nice bike ride from Virginia Beach.

And, after letters to the state park director, many emails, and a letter to the
governor (all from many folks, I'm sure) the parks no longer charge a fee for pets.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

On 9/27/15 5:17 PM, John H. wrote:
We returned earlier from a trip to Richmond for a wedding. Spent the weekend in
Pocahontas State Park, just south of Richmond. It's close to I-95 and a great park.
Lots of trails, for walking and bikes. Not at all expensive. No sewage hookup, but
easily accessible dump station. I don't know of any Virginia state parks that have
sewage hookups. We've stated at Lake Anna, Shenandoah River, Pocahontas, and First
Landing State Parks. All have been exceptionally well-maintained and very reasonably
priced. First Landing is a nice bike ride from Virginia Beach.

And, after letters to the state park director, many emails, and a letter to the
governor (all from many folks, I'm sure) the parks no longer charge a fee for pets.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able.

On 9/27/2015 4:41 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 5:17 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Watch it. A stupid grin on your face could land you in custody of those
guys in the white coats. Give us your version of what camping really is.
We can use a laugh,

On 9/27/2015 5:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does 'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

What's real camping to you, cuddling up with your dog in the back of
your Hilander or whatever it is you drag your boat around with. And I
use the term boat very loosely.

On 9/27/2015 5:29 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the
Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Doubt they're laughing, especially when it's rainy or windy. To each his
own I say.

On 9/27/2015 5:32 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Most of the tent campers I've
seen lately are cyclists. These young adventurers are probably having
the times of their lives. I don't knock what they're doing but I think
I've earned some creature comforts while camping here and there.

Keyser Söze

On 9/27/15 6:32 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

Rain is part of camping.

Camping again! John H[_2_] General 39 October 20th 13 06:04 PM
I've been camping... John H[_2_] General 9 April 15th 11 10:51 AM
Going camping... John H[_2_] General 13 April 12th 10 02:59 PM
Going camping... anon-e-moose[_2_] General 3 April 10th 10 06:35 PM
Going camping... hk General 3 April 10th 10 06:32 PM