Default Speaking of camping.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:32 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the
Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something
like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

Rain is part of camping.

And it sounds nice on the roof my truck camper. Not so much when we used a
tent.

On 9/27/2015 6:32 PM, Califbill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

Based on the camping people I've known over the years many of those who
enjoy "traditional" camping end up trading in their tents for a pop-up,
then a Travel Trailer or a Class C RV and then to a fifth wheel trailer
or Class A RV. . sorta like having two foot-itist in boating.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

Based on the camping people I've known over the years many of those who
enjoy "traditional" camping end up trading in their tents for a pop-up,
then a Travel Trailer or a Class C RV and then to a fifth wheel trailer
or Class A RV. . sorta like having two foot-itist in boating.

Once you get up into that class, 1st class air fare and a suite at the
Marriott starts looking cheap unless you are gone a lot.

Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Ahh, "camping" at a suite at a good hotel...another interesting
variation of RV'ing.

You don't seem like a happy camper. Why not? You appear to be well cared
for and are given sufficient toys to keep you busy. Health issues aside,
you should be thankful.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 9/27/15 6:20 PM, True North wrote:
Keyser Söze
"Your misuse of the word "camping" is grin-able."

Seems to me there is a new word commonly used to describe what the Johnny and his ilk do.
Believe it's called glaming or something like it. To call what he does
'camping' is an insult to real campers everywhere.

Well, the modern definition is loose enough to cover RV'ing, but
traditional campers must laugh at the sight of all those air-conditioned
portable plastic and aluminum motel rooms on wheels.

Maybe. . . At least until it rains.

Based on the camping people I've known over the years many of those who
enjoy "traditional" camping end up trading in their tents for a pop-up,
then a Travel Trailer or a Class C RV and then to a fifth wheel trailer
or Class A RV. . sorta like having two foot-itist in boating.

Yup, we spent half a dozen years camping with motorcycles, tents and bags. Skipped
the pop-up for a little 19' TT, then moved up to the fifth-wheel.

Watching Krause and Donne' put it down is funny. A touch of jealousy coming through?

--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Your 5er is nicer than Donnie's house, and Krause doesn't own a house.
Let them cackle all they want.

Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Green eyed monster crawling up his back.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Since beginning of March, we've been out at least two weekends each month and a
couple 7-10 trips. Next week we spend four days at Solomons, then straight to
Tennessee for a week. Then things slow down.

I'd say we're getting some good use out of it.
--

Ban idiots, not guns!

Camping again! John H[_2_] General 39 October 20th 13 06:04 PM
I've been camping... John H[_2_] General 9 April 15th 11 10:51 AM
Going camping... John H[_2_] General 13 April 12th 10 02:59 PM
Going camping... anon-e-moose[_2_] General 3 April 10th 10 06:35 PM
Going camping... hk General 3 April 10th 10 06:32 PM