Default Throw another...

....preacher on the fi

GOP State Rep. Sends Letter To All Clerks: 'Ignore The Recent SCOTUS
Opinion Redefining Marriage'

A state lawmaker just sent a letter to every county clerk in Tennessee
asking them to ignore the Supreme Court's ruling on marriage for
same-sex couples.

Tennessee state Rep. Rick Womick one week ago today sent all 95 county
clerks a letter – on his House of Representatives, State of Tennessee
letterhead, indicating it is an official document from the office of a
state lawmaker – asking them to ignore last month's Supreme Court ruling
on marriage for same-sex couples.

"You did not take an oath to uphold an 'opinion' from five justices of
the SCOTUS. Therefore, I am asking that each of you ignore the recent
SCOTUS opinion redefining marriage, uphold our State Constitution, and
issue marriage certificates to one man and one woman only," Womick's
letter, below, reads.

Rep. Womick writes that the state attorney general and governor's office
contacted notified the clerks "to uphold the SCOTUS opinion or face a
discrimination lawsuit. Such intimidation from this administration is
unconstitutional and should not be tolerated. Each of you are publicly
elected servants of your county, held accountable only to the people
that elect you."

Rep. Womick's legal reasoning is far from sound and should any clerk
actually use his letter to defy the law they might run into some legal
trouble of their own. Unsurprising, since **Womack is an original
co-sponsor of Tennessee's HB 615, "Establishes the Bible as the Official
State Book."**

- - -

Yet another reason why I never vote for Republican legislators...their
religious-osity.

On 7/29/2015 7:51 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

Ahhh. You prefer the devil may care attitude of the liberals.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

Don't throw snowballs at each other if... Keyser Söze General 97 February 6th 15 08:44 PM
Throw his ass in jail!!! jps General 195 September 27th 10 02:22 PM
Just Throw Money! Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 13th 05 11:51 PM
Throw the liberal out! Lance Boyles ASA 3 December 10th 03 04:36 PM