Tim Tim is offline

Default Flood waters coming...

Lots of crops underwater in my area due to 4 and 5 inch rains. The Mississippi is at about to flood stage with more rain in the forecast. This has been an interesting spring.

Boating is gonna be good this year. Small boat is ready to go and tomorrow if weather permits , goes to the lake.

On 6/13/2015 9:49 AM, Tim wrote:
Lots of crops underwater in my area due to 4 and 5 inch rains. The Mississippi is at about to flood stage with more rain in the forecast. This has been an interesting spring.

Boating is gonna be good this year. Small boat is ready to go and tomorrow if weather permits , goes to the lake.

Your lakes and reservoirs ought to be just about full by now. Happy
boating. Be mindful of floating and submerged debris that accompanies
heavy rains.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

Tim Tim is offline

Oh yes. I know a lot about floating debris!

In the younger days, I remember skiing on the Wabash river and patching a 500 gallon propane bottle float by. Evidently the flood waters got into somebody cabin and lifted the tank until the copper line broke loose and away it won't.

It was one of those "well George, there's something you don't see everyday " moments. Lol!
Tim Tim is offline

Greg, that's one thing about our little Midwest area. We have water but it seems like not enough of it. That sounds odd but our town has done surveys to invite manufacturing industries , and that's the stopper. "We don't have enough water".

So... That's the main concern here .

On 6/13/2015 1:18 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:22:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Greg, that's one thing about our little Midwest area. We have water but it seems like not enough of it. That sounds odd but our town has done surveys to invite manufacturing industries , and that's the stopper. "We don't have enough water".

So... That's the main concern here .

Water is going to be a much greater problem than oil in the 21st
century. The problem is that the things that might smooth out the
flood vs drought problems come with an environmental cost we are
unlikely to accept. China is not bothered by things like that. They
are changing the ecology of vast areas of China and not really
thinking that much of the consequences. It is somewhat like the US was
during the FDR administration when we were damming up major rivers and
flooding vast areas of the landscape out west to save water while
channelizing rivers in other places to get rid of fresh water. Both
created ecological disasters.
Now we are trying to restore the old "lazy" rivers in Florida and they
are blowing up dams all over to restore natural flows and reestablish
fish runs,

It would help if county water commissions didn't grant companies like
Nestle carte-blanche to pump water from our aquifers.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

Tim Tim is offline

Greg, you have a point. My great aunt used to teach a 1 room school before the Hoover dam was built. Now here little town is all under water.

On 6/13/15 3:55 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 13:32:17 -0400, Justan Olphart
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I doubt Nestle uses more water than a golf course and certainly
nothing like an almond orchard..

725 million gallons a year just for its bottled water products in
California.