Mule

Default Boat Goes Through Flood Gate....

I can't get the video at the moment but if this is what I think it is,
this guy was incredibly lucky! Of course it was big news here in
Austin. The boater's engine died and his boat got lodged in the
floodgate. Then a rope from above the dam rescued his girl friend, wife
or whatever but HE WAS LEFT ON while his boat went though. A quarter
mile later he surfaced naked with only a few bruises and scratches.
Simply amazing he lived. He says that he will be buying another boat
and getting back on the water, but I bet he will have a auxiliary
engine or at least stay a little further from the dam next time.

A while back, one of the gates broke on the Folsom Lake Dam out here in
California. Some "less then bright" state park rangers went out to shoo
a boater from the area (which was entirely safe for them). However,
the ranger boat engine failed to start up. Their boat was drawn through
the dam flood gate and plunged 100Ft. or so down to the river bed.
The rangers bailed out over the side and swam for safety.

b.

Harry Krause

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:45:34 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

Apologies for the fact that you'll most likely have to endure a
commercial, first, but this is some incredible video....

http://tinyurl.com/5vnjd

I was on my way to that rescue via hellicoptor, when I heard the
rescue was finished.