Default Can anyone tell me about the Evinrude E8RCDE?

Greetings!

Sorry if this isn`t on topic. First time on rec.boats and I'm not much of a boater.

Also please allow me to preface a bit and let everyone know that before coming here I tried to find the info I seek online but all I seem to find is parts for sale and diagrams of said parts.

Anyway, my uncle passed away and he left us a boat motor. I want to know what it is beyond the make and model number.

The beast in question is an Evinrude E8RCDE outboard motor.

I tried to look it up online but I think it might be a little too old to have much info available on the web. Evinrude's site is for motors born in 2000 or more recently.

Anything that anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated. That includes links to info online I may have missed. Don't need any links to parts for sale or diagrams of them.

A brief narrative description and basic specs would be wonderful.

I am going to sell the motor because my uncle would have wanted another boater to get some enjoyment from it. Alas, therein lies the rub because I don't even know what it is I have nor how to describe it or what it might be worth or even how to determine it's age.

All the best to everyone who read this post.

-FNL

Tim Tim is offline

Well your post is actually on topic. It beats all the political Hackery going on here.

I do know that your engine is 8 hp. But searching sites and pics just shows parts sales and diagrams. Not sure but it probably cars des to the Johnson line as well.

It must be an interesting little motor.

On 6/3/15 9:19 AM, Tim wrote:
Well your post is actually on topic. It beats all the political Hackery going on here.

I do know that your engine is 8 hp. But searching sites and pics just shows parts sales and diagrams. Not sure but it probably cars des to the Johnson line as well.

It must be an interesting little motor.

It's a small outboard from the mid 1980's that got bumped up from the
7.5 hp Evinrude, which was a model in the line for a very long time.
Probably not much different than this 1985 model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWc7LG1CS-k

I had a 7.5 Evinrude on a 12' "Skimmar" brand plywood skiff in the
mid-1950s. There were plenty of rock outcroppings not far offshore from
our little cove, and I liked to bottom fish in those days. My dad had a
boat name painted on the Skimmar... *Porgy Hunter* Great little boat
and motor.

Old 9.9 Evinrude [email protected] General 0 July 25th 07 09:12 PM
Evinrude 115 ks General 3 June 25th 07 04:19 PM
Evinrude 6 Bob Scott General 9 June 2nd 06 02:59 AM
3 hp Evinrude Sillysam Power Boat Racing 2 January 15th 06 02:56 AM
Evinrude Help Tackle General 1 July 7th 04 04:04 AM