Default What a patriot!

On 12/16/2014 5:24 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 12/16/14 5:17 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/16/2014 5:06 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
--

Jeb Bush 2016 Bumper Sticker:

*Try to Forget My Brother George W. Bush
Left The Country in Smoldering Ruins*

Jeeze, the guy just announced that he's *considering* running.
Why not wait until you hear what he has to say before starting
the BS ?

I'm fairly familiar with Jeb, his politics, and some of his shadier
deals in Florida and elsewhere.

I don't like his conservatism. He opposes Medicaid expansion, the
Affordable Care Act, wants to turn Medicare into a voucher program,
opposes marriage equality, ad infinitum.

The best thing about him is his last name. It'll be the kiss of death
for him.

"shadier deals"?

That cracks me up. Jeb is considered by many to be a straight shooter.
I suppose you could interpret records of *any* politician to be "shady"
depending upon your interests.

On 12/16/14 5:37 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

If you go back some years, you might still be able to discover some of
his dealings...

In one notable deal involving Bush and his business partner Armando
Codina, the two purchased an office building in Miami using funds Codina
borrowed from a local savings and loan institution, which became
insolvent in 1988. When the federal government – led by Bush’s father –
stepped in to bail out the savings and loan industry, Bush and Codina’s
loan was credited with $4 million in government funds, lifting the
liability of a $4.565 million second mortgage off of the partners. Nice
if your daddy is POTUS, eh?

In 2007, Bush joined the private equity advisory board at Lehman
Brothers. The company sold more than $800 million worth of
mortgage-backed securities to the Florida State Fund. The securities
defaulted in
just four months.806 It was later revealed that the sales to the state
fund took place just before Lehman revealed Bush’s role in the company.
Bush denied having any role in this specific sale, although Lehman won
six contracts and just shy of $10 million in fees from Florida state
agencies while Bush was governor. When Lehman Brothers collapsed the
following year, it had the potential to cost the state of Florida more than
$1 billion. Local governments in the state were trapped with tainted
securities that they could not redeem, worth more than $500 million.
While Lehman was on the verge of bankruptcy in 2008, Bush reached out
to Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim to solicit an investment in a Lehman
project code-named “Project Verde,” but Bush wrote to a colleague at
Lehman in July of the same year that “Project Verde was unsuccessful.”

Smoldering ruins, redux.

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
[...]

Shady? I think you are confused with Hillary.

On 12/16/2014 5:46 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

And so the dirt digging begins. Jeb Bush and Florida aren't the only
examples of dealings leading to the real estate and then financial
sector crash in 2008. In fact, the whole fiasco can be traced back to
the likes of Barney Frank during Clinton's administration.

The one thing I remember about Jeb Bush was that he was highly respected
as the governor in Florida and had a reputation for being
a straight shooter.

Let's see if he really decides to run and then evaluate him on current
issues, shall we?

On 12/16/2014 7:06 PM, Califbill wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
[...]

No ****. If she runs against Jeb and the investigative journalist start
doing honest vetting checks on their respective backgrounds Jeb will
come out looking squeaky clean compared to the lying, poll led Hillary.

On 12/17/2014 1:57 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 01:02:47 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Shady? I think you are confused with Hillary.

No ****. If she runs against Jeb and the investigative journalist start
doing honest vetting checks on their respective backgrounds Jeb will
come out looking squeaky clean compared to the lying, poll led Hillary.

I think it is funny that when Bill was on the hot seat for all of
those shady deals in Arkansas, they said it was really Hillary's
business and Bill was busy being a politician. I wonder how they will
spin it when it comes up again.

Personally I agree with Momma Bush. Haven't we heard enough from the
Clintons and the Bushes?

I'd like to see some fresh faces from both sides also. However, if the
choice comes down to Hillary or Jeb there's no question in my mind
unless it's discovered that he has some major, serious issue in his
background. Then again, if there is he'll probably be forced to drop out.

I am not totally convinced Hillary is going to run. She may make a
bombshell announcement in January. She has too much baggage, she's
well aware of the process and she can't go on deflecting answers to
serious questions forever. Plus, she's making $$ hand over fist on the
speaking circuit. The Dems are already starting to look elsewhere.
Warren? PLEASE NO.

I think I'll go make a cup of coffee and go out and see if the alligator
is around in the lake I am on.

wrote:

[...]

Send me a secret message and tell me all about it.

--
Patriotic Americans dump on Krause.

Ship - PATRIOT 2-07.jpg Canal Lee[_3_] Tall Ship Photos 0 November 10th 14 01:00 AM
Patriot jps General 35 November 4th 13 08:23 PM
Patriot Service MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 December 21st 11 09:31 PM
Patriot Day jim[_7_] General 6 September 12th 08 05:07 AM
"Patriot" Act Lance Boyles ASA 1 December 9th 03 07:02 AM