Default Patriot Day

Not to be confused with Patriot's Day
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0080908-2.html

HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:15:27 -0400, jim wrote:

Not to be confused with Patriot's Day
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0080908-2.html

Bin Laden gets a special treat every year on September 11th, when
evryone, once again, tells him how successful his attack was in
permanently hurting us.

He wins all over again every time. The "9-11" memorial is nothing more
than a shrine to his accomplishment.

McCain says he will go to the gates of hell to get bin laden, but he
won't go into Pakistan. He also says he has "a plan" to get bin laden,
but he won't tell us what it is unless he is elected. Just what we need,
a little more republican extortion.

Maybe he'll send the pig with lipstick in bin laden's cave. She can talk
him out.
posted to rec.boats,alt.impeach.bush
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:35:54 -0400, hk wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 07:15:27 -0400, jim wrote:

Not to be confused with Patriot's Day
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0080908-2.html

Bin Laden gets a special treat every year on September 11th, when
evryone, once again, tells him how successful his attack was in
permanently hurting us.

He wins all over again every time. The "9-11" memorial is nothing more
than a shrine to his accomplishment.

McCain says he will go to the gates of hell to get bin laden, but he
won't go into Pakistan. He also says he has "a plan" to get bin laden,
but he won't tell us what it is unless he is elected. Just what we need,
a little more republican extortion.

Maybe he'll send the pig with lipstick in bin laden's cave. She can talk
him out.

I like my plan better. Go get Bin Laden. Chances are excellent, he
won't be taken alive. Then, we rebuild the towers EXACTLY as they
were, with one small change. We put Bin Laden's body in the concrete
foundation. That will prevent him being a very effective martyr, as
his remains will be protection for the new towers. His followers sure
can't go bombing his tomb.

It would also be a symbol of triumph, and a clear warning to enemies.

That's how you "win" the war on terror.

Hmmmm. Maybe we could just rent the remains of Muslim martyrs and move
them around from building to building. In the 1960s, I posited that we
ought to round up the nation's communists and relocate them so that at
least one was living in every American city so that no matter what went
wrong, the righties could blame it on the local Communist. You
know...fire truck engine won't start, blame it on the local commie.
Chicken pox? It's the local commie's fault. That sort of thing.

We're not going to "win" a war on terror by military action.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:28:14 -0400, salty wrote:

wrote:
[...]

The term "War on Terror" is a misnomer.

There is an old, and very true, saying: "Unspecified goals cannot be
reached".

If Bush had wanted to "get" Osama it would have been very simple. With
the outpouring of sympathy from every nation on earth one small nuke on
top of Tora Bora would have solved the problem.

No ground troops in Afghanistan or squandered in Iraq for naught.

--
Regards, Curly

Obama-The Patriot JimH[_2_] General 18 August 8th 08 01:31 AM
Strengthen the Patriot Act! Bob Crantz ASA 0 December 8th 05 05:02 PM
OT Finally, Patriot Act basskisser General 0 September 30th 04 01:31 PM
"Patriot" Act Lance Boyles ASA 1 December 9th 03 08:02 AM