Default For The Blind Shooter...

On 10/23/2014 1:40 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:21:48 -0500, Califbill

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:25:48 -0500, Califbill
wrote:

F*O*A*D wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ondgjwr

For Herring, who thinks there are no .22LR rounds available, here are 500 for $22.99.

Out of stock, etc. what good is a $23 price, when they are not order able.

Just as well, that Thunderbolt ammo is very dirty shooting stuff.
It is the only thing I found that would not work in my machine gun.
After a few magazines the 10-22 was so dirty that it wouldn't run.
I was at the range that the class III FFL owned and he said I should
just stop shooting that crap. We cleaned the gun and I shot several
boxes of Remington Gold through it without a burp.

When I asked about some of the steel case 5.56 eastern block stuff, they
said very dirty. Not worth any savings.

I still have some "China Sports" 7.62x51 that is not horrible but it
is not match grade or anything. It was real cheap when I got it 20
years ago. (like 13 cents a round)

Talk about hoarding ammo.

wrote:

F*O*A*D wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/ondgjwr

For Herring, who thinks there are no .22LR rounds available, here are 500 for $22.99.

Out of stock, etc. what good is a $23 price, when they are not order able.

Just as well, that Thunderbolt ammo is very dirty shooting stuff.
It is the only thing I found that would not work in my machine gun.
After a few magazines the 10-22 was so dirty that it wouldn't run.
I was at the range that the class III FFL owned and he said I should
just stop shooting that crap. We cleaned the gun and I shot several
boxes of Remington Gold through it without a burp.

Yeah, I don't buy Thunderduds, but I doubt Herring would know the
difference. I only have one .22LR firearm, an AR-type rifle, and while
it will fire almost anything, I prefer the coated CCI stuff, or a German
brand. I usually buy only CCI Mini-Mags or CCI AR-Tactical. The
Mini-Mags are about 8 cents a round, and the price is dropping, albeit
slowly.

--
Of life’s simple pleasures, few are more satisfying than being attacked
by the right-wing trash in rec.boats.

On 10/23/14 11:17 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:45:26 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

wrote:

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

I doubt you would ever notice the difference if you are shooting a few
rounds and cleaning your gun regularly. It might just make the
cleaning more rewarding because you would see more on the patch but in
my Norrell where you are pumping several hundred rounds through in a
few minutes it makes a huge difference.
I prefer the CCI bird shot in .22. It seems to perform better than the
traditional crimped charge on the roof rats I sent to the great
beyond.

You seem to have a wide variety of vermin...roof rats, yard rats,
flajims, palmetto bugs, et cetera.

wrote:

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Are shooting the birdshot out of a rifle or a pistol?

wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:40:56 -0500, Califbill

I prefer the CCI bird shot in .22. It seems to perform better than the
traditional crimped charge on the roof rats I sent to the great
beyond.

Are shooting the birdshot out of a rifle or a pistol?

Either my Mod 69 Winchester rifle or a Colt Frontier Scout revolver.

Figure would be better for the roof rats. Less carry than a pellet gun.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:29:00 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ondgjwr

For Herring, who thinks there are no .22LR rounds available, here are
500 for $22.99.

===

Old New York joke:

"I could sell it for a good price also if I didn't have it."

On 10/22/2014 11:53 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:29:00 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ondgjwr

For Herring, who thinks there are no .22LR rounds available, here are
500 for $22.99.

===

Old New York joke:

"I could sell it for a good price also if I didn't have it."

Did Krausie mess up again?

Shooter ID Bob Crantz ASA 1 April 18th 07 05:40 PM
OT Beretta shooter Calif Bill General 7 April 19th 06 12:36 AM
Why Americans Are So Blind? Skipper General 6 February 12th 06 11:30 PM
Blind Rafters vinnie General 0 May 19th 04 11:39 PM
blind rafters vinnie Whitewater 1 May 19th 04 10:31 PM