Default Yo Krausie!

This appears to be right up your alley!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/92551

On 10/16/14 5:52 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
This appears to be right up your alley!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/92551

Actually, it wouldn't be. First, I already have a Colt AR 15. Second,
the color clashes with my decor. Third, and most important, purchase of
that particular new firearm is not legal in the state of Maryland.

Actually, I have two "real" ARs, the Colt I just mentioned in 5.56 NATO,
and a Colt in .300 Blackout. I also have a S&W AR in .22LR.
So, I'm pretty well set for quantity and variety of ARs.

Considering that you are nearly blind without your glasses, have hearing
problems, and back and neck problems, I can heartily recommend you stick
with the following kind of firearm:

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/sho...95A29683:en_US

--
The new GOP credo:

Hate the people who are being oppressed,
love the people who are doing the oppressing.

Tim Tim is offline

Harry, are you saying you can't legally buy one but you can build your own from parts scrounged off the internet?

On 10/17/14 8:17 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/17/2014 7:38 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

Harry, are you saying you can't legally buy one but you can build
your own from parts scrounged off the internet?

Nope. You can't do that.

You can put together a non banned configuration but, you can't build a
AR 15 with the thin barrel or with the grenade launcher slot. You have
to build an "HBAR" which everyone takes to mean the outside diameter of
the barrel has to be 0.750 inches from the compensator back to the
barrel nut.

Knowing nothing about the AR-15 type rifle, why is a "HBAR" permissible
but a "thin barrel" not?

In Maryland, when the legislative committee was deciding whether to ban
sales of *all* new AR15 rifles, no matter the brand, someone spoke up
and said doing so would "hurt" sportsmen - target shooters and hunter
types. So the legislators decided to allow the Colt HBAR, or Colt Heavy
Barrel. The barrel weighs a pound to a pound and a half more than the
usual 16" AR15 barrel. Some experts claim the HBAR barrel is the most
accurate Colt makes and is among the most accurate of all AR15 barrels.
I don't know about that, but I do know I can easily shoot very tight
groups with mine.

The "thin barrel" AR15 was banned partly because it was determined it
was easier to carry around because it was lighter, partly because it had
the "scalloped out" barrel on which you could mount a grenade launcher,
and partly because the legislators wanted to ban the purchase of AR15
rifles.

In this state, I cannot legally attach a new set of upper receiver parts
that do not include an HBAR, not for a 5.56/.223 AR15. But I can legally
take that AR15 lower and build an upper with a bigger caliber barrel,
HBAR or not. There are several such larger caliber barrels to be had.

In this state, if you want to build a new AR15, you have to buy the
lower receiver, the part with the serial number, through a federally
licensed gun dealer, and go through the usual background check. There's
no waiting period, because it is a rifle, not a handgun.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:45:13 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/17/14 8:17 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/17/2014 7:38 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Boy, that state makes some pretty dumb laws.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:48:35 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:35:45 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 10/17/2014 7:38 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

Harry, are you saying you can't legally buy one but you can build your own from parts scrounged off the internet?

Nope. You can't do that.

You can put together a non banned configuration but, you can't build a
AR 15 with the thin barrel or with the grenade launcher slot. You have
to build an "HBAR" which everyone takes to mean the outside diameter of
the barrel has to be 0.750 inches from the compensator back to the
barrel nut.

Knowing nothing about the AR-15 type rifle, why is a "HBAR" permissible
but a "thin barrel" not?

Colt AR-15 HBAR Match rifles, are believed not to be evil black rifles
because they were originally intended for competition.

The thin or pencil barrels typically have a depression in them that is
used to anchor a the M203 Grenade Launcher.

There is a bis towards compensator's vs. flash suppressor/hiders.

Yeah there was such a rash of 40mm grenade attacks and bayonet charges
in the Baltimore slums. Something had to be done ;-)

I think the evil pistol grip is worse than a bayonet or a M203.

A guy came up with a solution for the pistol grip issue. You have to
love the ingenuity of the American citizen.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...s-change-look-
ar-15-rifle-now-legal-new-york-state-charles-c-w-cooke

I love the bottom line: "Fewer people are killed with all rifles each
year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496),
and hands and feet (728)."

Another link: http://tinyurl.com/lqhugn7

On 10/18/14 4:28 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:48:35 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:35:45 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 10/17/2014 7:38 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

All of these laws are simply stupid, written by stupid politicians to
placate stupid people.

The "features" they designate as evil have absolutely nothing to do
with the lethality of the weapon.
You only have to look at Harry's HBAR to see that. If anything, his
gun is more lethal since it is more accurate and still has all of the
rapid fire features. It is an "assault" and a "sniper rifle". (the
latter being another evil gun in the eyes of people like Schumer and
Feinstein.

Gosh, I sure hope the *home invading zombies* read your post.

I don't have enough direct experience with AR15s to know if my HBAR
rifle is "more accurate" than other ARs with similar length "standard"
barrels, but I do know that several experts have said so, claiming the
barrel in my model is the "most accurate" Colt makes. I do know I can
shoot damned small groups with my plastic "iron" sights at 50 to 100
yards and my special "homemade" shootin' glasses. I haven't had a chance
to try out the rifle with my new red dot yet. That sight requires no
shootin' glasses.

To my way of thinking, an "assault rifle" has to have select fire,
though. Otherwise, it is just another semi-auto rifle, like a Ruger 10/22.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 17:18:32 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/18/14 4:28 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 15:48:35 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 10:35:45 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 10/17/2014 7:38 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Why not just be up front and say, "Yup, you're right, these Maryland
left wingers are pretty f'ing dumb!"

Hey Krausie ... George C. Boater General 13 August 26th 12 02:19 AM
Hey Krausie George C. Boater General 7 March 15th 12 03:41 PM
Hey Krausie GC Boater General 20 November 14th 09 03:12 AM
Hey Krausie GC Boater General 8 January 24th 09 04:36 PM
Hey Krausie camacdonaldiii General 30 November 19th 08 01:27 AM