Default Winchester BBQ Festival...

....is a waste of money! But Candy Hill campground is OK, if you don't mind being *very* close to
your neighbor. Part of the problem was our fault. We made the reservations so late that we probably
got one of the worst sites remaining.

We went to the 'festival', paid our $8 admission fee, and walked in thinking we'd do some heavy duty
piggin' out on BBQ. As it turned out, there were only six commercial BBQ contest wagons there, and
they'd already gotten rid of all their BBQ. This was at 3PM. That left two food vendors - one
selling sausage and hot dogs, the other selling BBQ ribs and chicken. All of it looked to be about
three days old and dry as a chunk of oak firewood. So we passed.

On the way out, I told the gate-keepers that they should be ashamed taking money from folks for what
was a total rip-off. And I walked on. After a few paces I turned around looking for my wife. She,
and the other lady with us, was back there talking to the gate folks. Lo and behold - they came
walking up to us (friend and I) each waving $16 in the air. Very cool. So we went and had a nice
meal elsewhere.

Never again will we go to the Winchester BBQ Festival!

On 6/29/14, 12:45 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:

Never again will we go to the Winchester BBQ Festival!

Everyone there probably is cheering that.

--
If right-wing assholes could fly,
rec.boats would be an airport!
Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, June 29, 2014 9:45:55 AM UTC-7, John H. wrote:
[...]

John, next time bring your own and set up a booth. And then you'll sell out quickly too!

On 6/29/14, 3:21 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The annual black church ladies barbecue event is coming up soon here.
It's necessary to starve yourself for at least a week before going...

On Sun, 29 Jun 2014 12:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

[...]

At this year's Virginia Good Sam Samboree, to which Sandy and I didn't go because of the Bluegrass
Festival, they sold out of the pulled pork I made for them - about 20 lbs. They made almost $400
after reimbursing me for the meat, sauce, etc.

On 6/29/2014 1:03 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 6/29/14, 12:45 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:

Never again will we go to the Winchester BBQ Festival!

Everyone there probably is cheering that.

Why do you always have such a rotten disposition? You must be very unhappy.

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

Jeb_94_The ' Washington ' Rescuing Passengers and Crew of the ' Winchester ', 1850s_J.E.Buttersworth_sqs squeegees[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 28th 11 08:02 AM
Best festival, period hk General 23 April 26th 10 06:52 PM
Tall Ships festival Don White General 0 July 12th 07 10:42 PM
Maritime Festival Sean Tall Ships 0 December 17th 04 11:03 AM
Reno River Festival May 14-16 7thwave General 0 April 22nd 04 12:50 AM