F*O*A*D F*O*A*D is offline

Default Winchester BBQ Festival...

On 6/29/14, 3:21 PM, Tim wrote:
On Sunday, June 29, 2014 9:45:55 AM UTC-7, John H. wrote:
...is a waste of money! But Candy Hill campground is OK, if you don't mind being *very* close to

your neighbor. Part of the problem was our fault. We made the reservations so late that we probably

got one of the worst sites remaining.

We went to the 'festival', paid our $8 admission fee, and walked in thinking we'd do some heavy duty

piggin' out on BBQ. As it turned out, there were only six commercial BBQ contest wagons there, and

they'd already gotten rid of all their BBQ. This was at 3PM. That left two food vendors - one

selling sausage and hot dogs, the other selling BBQ ribs and chicken. All of it looked to be about

three days old and dry as a chunk of oak firewood. So we passed.

On the way out, I told the gate-keepers that they should be ashamed taking money from folks for what

was a total rip-off. And I walked on. After a few paces I turned around looking for my wife. She,

and the other lady with us, was back there talking to the gate folks. Lo and behold - they came

walking up to us (friend and I) each waving $16 in the air. Very cool. So we went and had a nice

meal elsewhere.

Never again will we go to the Winchester BBQ Festival!

John, next time bring your own and set up a booth. And then you'll sell out quickly too!

The annual black church ladies barbecue event is coming up soon here.
It's necessary to starve yourself for at least a week before going...

--
If right-wing assholes could fly,
rec.boats would be an airport!