Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default For the rec.boats hobby hour...

Picked up my new revolver at the FFL dealer this morning and spent a
couple of hours at the range.

I really like it. It’s heavy, and it’s a tad heavy at the front of the
barrel, so that means less muzzle flip when firing .357 MAG rounds. The
..38 Special rounds feel like .22LRs going off in a bull barrel target
pistol…in other words, soft as a bunny’s belly.

I’ll shoot a few hundred more rounds through it before I decide whether
it needs to go off to the gunsmith for “improvements.” The trigger seems
more than OK, but it is a little too heavy in DA for my taste. The SA is
light enough, though. There’s no cylinder endshake, and the lockup is as
tight as it can be. I would like to get the entire revolver bead-blasted
to tone down the stainless steel shine.

Oh…it’s a tack driver at 15 and 25 yards. Really tight groups. I shot
three 50-round boxes of Blazer aluminum case .357s 158 grain jacketed
hollow points and two boxes of PMC .38 specials 132 grain FMJs. The
..357s are… *loud* !

Hobby Report - Airplanes Poquito Loco General 2 April 27th 14 04:41 PM
A Hobby for a hobby like yours! Buddy Cruising 0 August 5th 09 08:35 PM
20 hour vs. 50 hour battery rating Glenn Ashmore Electronics 5 December 25th 06 11:44 PM
Hobby Horse? Gordon Cruising 19 December 17th 06 10:28 AM
OT New hobby Don White General 123 January 20th 06 08:01 PM