BoatBanter.com

-   -   Carver boats - a big mistake? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/160490-re-carver-boats-big-mistake.html)

H*a*r*r*o*l*d March 28th 14 06:26 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

On 3/28/2014 12:45 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:59:55 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 3/28/14, 11:52 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:38:07 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's the latest model Greggster 8088, running Windows 1.1, and is
connected to a 150 BPS acoustic modem.

Having a brand new computer certainly has not made you any smarter.

I don't have to be *any* smarter. My SATs and GREs qualified me as smart
enough. How were yours?

I did very well on the ACT (the test they used in DC). I was accepted
to 3 colleges (GW AU, U Md), I just chose not to go. Money was a big
part of it.

Harry was accepted at or bribed his way into a single college.

Tim March 28th 14 10:11 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Friday, March 28, 2014 5:57:24 AM UTC-7, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Did you notice the date of the post this guy was responding to?

"Saturday, March 18, 2000"

Must have a very slow computer.

Sure did, Rich. It's a good boating thread with lots of discussion on the brand name. I have some Bayliner frieends who have had really good runs with the Bayliners. Like everything. Maintenance is the key factor.

The only think I didn't really care for several of their models was that 'micro cruise-liner' styling they thought would be a big hit.

Behold the 'Contesa"

http://www.hiwtc.com/photo/products/39/00/54/5479.jpg

Earl[_93_] March 29th 14 01:45 AM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

F*O*A*D wrote:
On 3/28/14, 11:52 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:38:07 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's the latest model Greggster 8088, running Windows 1.1, and is
connected to a 150 BPS acoustic modem.

Having a brand new computer certainly has not made you any smarter.

I don't have to be *any* smarter. My SATs and GREs qualified me as
smart enough. How were yours?

The narcissism jumps in again.

Earl[_93_] March 29th 14 01:50 AM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:38:07 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's the latest model Greggster 8088, running Windows 1.1, and is
connected to a 150 BPS acoustic modem.

Having a brand new computer certainly has not made you any smarter.

I don't have to be *any* smarter. My SATs and GREs qualified me as smart
enough. How were yours?

I did very well on the ACT (the test they used in DC). I was accepted
to 3 colleges (GW AU, U Md), I just chose not to go. Money was a big
part of it.

We had the ACT, too. I scored a 29 out of a 36 which was decent
considering the may they scored the tests.

Poquito Loco March 29th 14 12:26 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:11:10 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Friday, March 28, 2014 5:57:24 AM UTC-7, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Did you notice the date of the post this guy was responding to?

"Saturday, March 18, 2000"

Must have a very slow computer.

Sure did, Rich. It's a good boating thread with lots of discussion on the brand name. I have some Bayliner frieends who have had really good runs with the Bayliners. Like everything. Maintenance is the key factor.

The only think I didn't really care for several of their models was that 'micro cruise-liner' styling they thought would be a big hit.

Behold the 'Contesa"

http://www.hiwtc.com/photo/products/39/00/54/5479.jpg

They probably designed that for the Italian market. Looks like it would be a big hit for the 'poor'
folks in Monaco. Sometime I'll have to dig out my pics of the harbor in Monaco. There is some *real*
money tied up right there!

Poquito Loco March 29th 14 12:29 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:45:29 -0400, Earl wrote:

F*O*A*D wrote:
On 3/28/14, 11:52 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:38:07 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's the latest model Greggster 8088, running Windows 1.1, and is
connected to a 150 BPS acoustic modem.

Having a brand new computer certainly has not made you any smarter.

I don't have to be *any* smarter. My SATs and GREs qualified me as
smart enough. How were yours?

The narcissism jumps in again.

Shoot, I scored real well on the AFQT!

F*O*A*D March 29th 14 01:01 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

F*O*A*D wrote:
On 3/28/14, 11:52 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:38:07 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

It's the latest model Greggster 8088, running Windows 1.1, and is
connected to a 150 BPS acoustic modem.

Having a brand new computer certainly has not made you any smarter.

I don't have to be *any* smarter. My SATs and GREs qualified me as
smart enough. How were yours?

The narcissism jumps in again.

Shoot, I scored real well on the AFQT!

Isn't that the one you pass by fogging a mirror held in front of your nose?

Wayne.B March 29th 14 06:47 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 08:26:18 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Sometime I'll have to dig out my pics of the harbor in Monaco. There is some *real*
money tied up right there!

===

Oh gosh yes. We were there three years ago during the boat show. What
a hoot. Some of the so called dinghies (yacht tenders) were over 40
ft long and had more varnished teak than my Grand Banks.

A lot of them are down in the Caribbean during the winter time where
you can see them fully equipped with owners and crew.

Poquito Loco March 29th 14 07:02 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

wrote:

Sometime I'll have to dig out my pics of the harbor in Monaco. There is some *real*
money tied up right there!

===

Oh gosh yes. We were there three years ago during the boat show. What
a hoot. Some of the so called dinghies (yacht tenders) were over 40
ft long and had more varnished teak than my Grand Banks.

A lot of them are down in the Caribbean during the winter time where
you can see them fully equipped with owners and crew.

I could have spent the whole day in Monaco harbor just taking pictures of the boats. But, my buddy
from Holland wanted to get on up in the French Alps, so we spent only a couple hours there. We did
the Monaco Grand Prix circuit, which was a lot of fun. Of course we had stop lights and speed
limits, but we still had a good time pretending. And it's a good thing the cops weren't paying us
much attention.

Tim June 3rd 18 01:02 PM

Carver boats - a big mistake?

3/28/14Mr. Luddite
Back in 2000 when I was shopping for my first larger boat ....You could tell just by looking at the construction the
Navigator was a well designed and well built boat. Jules Marshall (the
designer) backed off on the bling and focused on structure.

When the bow thruster was installed I saved a piece of the hull that
they cut out. The hull of the Navigator was solid fiberglass that was
1-1/4" thick. I mounted a piece on a framed display board and had it
hanging in the salon.

The hull was only 1-1/4” thick? I figured it’d be a lot thicker than that. Like it should have been 2-3”