Default Minimum Wage debate

Can any of our resident economic experts explain how raising the minimum
wage helps anyone?

The cost of goods sold reflect the cost of selling those goods. If the
minimum wage is raised, the cost of selling increases causing the cost
of goods to increase, resulting in going back to square one in terms of
what is affordable to everyone.

The only way it makes sense to me is if the minimum wage is raised but
the cost of goods stays the same. That isn't going to happen.

On 3/5/2014 9:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Can any of our resident economic experts explain how raising the minimum
wage helps anyone?

White liberal racists use high minimum wages to keep young blacks out of
the job market, this sly move only makes it look like the want to help.
Thus helping them perpetuate the cradle to grave welfare system.

Mikek

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:22:40 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Can any of our resident economic experts explain how raising the minimum
wage helps anyone?

The cost of goods sold reflect the cost of selling those goods. If the
minimum wage is raised, the cost of selling increases causing the cost
of goods to increase, resulting in going back to square one in terms of
what is affordable to everyone.

The only way it makes sense to me is if the minimum wage is raised but
the cost of goods stays the same. That isn't going to happen.

It's a way to look as though you're helping a segment of the population which will, hopefully, pay
you back with votes. You're getting into an analysis which those at the bottom of the pay scale are
not going to make. Liberals see the pay increase as a 'good for the poor' thing. The fact that it
will increase the price of goods, or reduce the number of jobs, has little bearing. Those numbers
don't become visible for a long time.

The latest, that I can recall, numbers from CBO were 15 million people getting more money and only a
half million or so out of jobs. Sounds like a net gain of 14.5 million votes.

Therefore, the Republicans should not only jump on that bandwagon, but go for a bigger number. Once
they get some power they can start making up for their bad decision.

KC KC is offline

On 3/5/2014 10:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Can any of our resident economic experts explain how raising the minimum
wage helps anyone?

The cost of goods sold reflect the cost of selling those goods. If the
minimum wage is raised, the cost of selling increases causing the cost
of goods to increase, resulting in going back to square one in terms of
what is affordable to everyone.

The only way it makes sense to me is if the minimum wage is raised but
the cost of goods stays the same. That isn't going to happen.

The one and only thing positive that comes from it is more solid
democrat voters...
Banned

A over-rich **** like you....asking why.... I didn't know you were that ****ing stupid.

On 3/5/14, 6:18 PM, KC wrote:
On 3/5/2014 10:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Can any of our resident economic experts explain how raising the minimum
wage helps anyone?

The cost of goods sold reflect the cost of selling those goods. If the
minimum wage is raised, the cost of selling increases causing the cost
of goods to increase, resulting in going back to square one in terms of
what is affordable to everyone.

The only way it makes sense to me is if the minimum wage is raised but
the cost of goods stays the same. That isn't going to happen.

The one and only thing positive that comes from it is more solid
democrat voters...

It is absolutely laughable that some of you fellas in higher income
brackets want to curtail the meager wages of those in the bottom
brackets, and it is so, so, so modern-day Republican of you.

Does the cost of goods and services reflect the totally out of whack
paychecks of CEOs who take home multi-million dollar salaries?

More progressive nations have higher minimum wages for their workers,
and most of them get health care, mandated vacation time, sick leave,
maternity leave and pensions. In this country, everything goes to the 1
or 2% and the lower middle class and lower income groups get...****ed.

Except for Scotty, of course, whose services aren't worth half of
minimum age.

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:08:23 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

In this country, everything goes to the 1
or 2% and the lower middle class and lower income groups get...****ed.

===

Utter nonsense.

IRA Required Minimum Distribution... Poco Loco General 39 June 20th 15 05:21 PM
G.M. Seeks More Imports From Low-Wage Regions Tom Francis - SWSports General 88 May 20th 09 05:55 AM
A new war to wage Capt.American ASA 1 January 10th 07 08:12 PM
minimum wage thought Michael ASA 20 July 14th 04 07:11 PM
minimum splash well dimensions Richard and Michelle Boat Building 1 September 28th 03 02:39 PM