Default G.M. Seeks More Imports From Low-Wage Regions

Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Looks like that attempt at buying votes failed.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Harvard, Obama
Harvard, Bush
Harvard, Wagoner

Is that a hint?

On Sun, 17 May 2009 22:52:33 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

A good line...

"Others, like Harley Shaiken, at the University of California,
Berkeley, argue that if G.M. focused more intensely on technology and
auto quality, it could concentrate production in the United States and
still be competitive."

I wonder why G.M. couldn't focus more intensely on technology and auto
quality and *still* produce cars in Mexico and China?
--

John H

On Mon, 18 May 2009 06:56:21 -0400, John H wrote:

I wonder why G.M. couldn't focus more intensely on technology and auto
quality and *still* produce cars in *snip* China?

From the people that brought you melamine in baby formula? You buy one
first.

"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Just last week GMy closed a truck manufacturing plant in Ontario.
I think the Canadian gov't should forget about stuffing billions into this
dead horse and encourage the best of the Asian companies to build plants
here.

Don White wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Just last week GMy closed a truck manufacturing plant in Ontario.
I think the Canadian gov't should forget about stuffing billions into this
dead horse and encourage the best of the Asian companies to build plants
here.

The Asian automanufacturers will go where the labor laws are most
favorable. This means as far away from the UAW/CAW as they can get. The
European and Asian auto manufacturers have already proven that there is
a viable non-union workforce in the southeastern US.

"BAR" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Tom Francis - SWSports" wrote in
message ...
Tell me again why we're dumping billions down this rat hole?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/bu....html?_r=1&hpw

Just last week GMy closed a truck manufacturing plant in Ontario.
I think the Canadian gov't should forget about stuffing billions into
this dead horse and encourage the best of the Asian companies to build
plants here.

The Asian automanufacturers will go where the labor laws are most
favorable. This means as far away from the UAW/CAW as they can get. The
European and Asian auto manufacturers have already proven that there is a
viable non-union workforce in the southeastern US.

Interesting...a national cable tv program called 'Car Business' did an item
on the new billion dollar assembly plant in Woodstock Ontario.
Yes...this is a Toyota plant producing RAV4s' for the North American market.
(my RAV4 was assembled there)
Seems it was planned to have 3 shifts pumping our 200K SUVs per year but the
downturn has them operating one shift producing 70K RAV4s'.

A new war to wage Capt.American ASA 1 January 10th 07 08:12 PM
Cheney Seeks 6th Deferment John H. General 0 November 22nd 05 10:33 PM
Cities/regions with Ocean Access? Aimee Shimlis General 1 November 17th 05 03:06 AM
minimum wage thought Michael ASA 20 July 14th 04 07:11 PM
wm seeks female for boating Js9073 General 15 December 31st 03 06:07 PM