marklan

Default Grampian Tiller

Yes does it work by cable? what does it cost? Are you happy with it?
"Fritz" wrote in message
news
I have a 1976 Grampian 26. When the tiller is down close to the cockpit
floor it works very well. When the tiller is high up it becomes sloppy.

think this has to do with the fact that the mounting post is made of brass
and has become worn over time. I have attached a very poor picture of the
mounting post and tiller.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks,

James Johnson

This is a common problem with many old tillers. Edson Marine sells replacement
tiller heads to fit a variety of rudder shafts.

JJ

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:20:46 -0400, "Fritz" wrote:

I have a 1976 Grampian 26. When the tiller is down close to the cockpit
floor it works very well. When the tiller is high up it becomes sloppy. I
think this has to do with the fact that the mounting post is made of brass
and has become worn over time. I have attached a very poor picture of the
mounting post and tiller.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks,

James Johnson
remove the "dot" from after sail in email address to reply

Push-Pull Tiller Andrew Butchart Boat Building 2 April 4th 04 01:44 AM
Tiller and outboard - which one controls ? Sven General 6 December 6th 03 02:15 AM
Tiller control Parallax Cruising 12 October 17th 03 07:47 PM
Boat Steering (tiller vs wheel) Lee Maxwell General 10 September 17th 03 03:13 AM
Tiller Pilot Linear ram. RichH Electronics 0 July 3rd 03 04:13 PM