Default A real dirt bike...

In article , __ says...

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/9/2014 6:25 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2014 15:03:40 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:30:04 PM UTC-6, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2014 13:31:40 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:31:31 AM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:

I'd love to have one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mTwM7afQA

how about something like this?

http://thekneeslider.com/1937-front-...cle-prototype/

Looks like something Moto Guzzi made during the war.

"Goose" probably tries something like that too, but this is French,
and the French at that time were known to be great tinkerers, with
results to match.

Yeah, I should have said it looks like something Guzzi *could* have
made during the war. Something
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOlS_ShXf4

Here's an idea for Scott: (warning - contains boating content)

http://www.elrellano.com/videos_online/8146/barca-a-motor.html

No steering unless that rowboat has a bow thruster.

Just like a motor cycle, you just lean into the turn to make it go that way.

wrote:

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:31:31 AM UTC-6, F.O.A.D. wrote:

I'd love to have one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mTwM7afQA

how about something like this?

http://thekneeslider.com/1937-front-...cle-prototype/

Looks like something Moto Guzzi made during the war.

"Goose" probably tries something like that too, but this is French,
and the French at that time were known to be great tinkerers, with
results to match.

Yeah, I should have said it looks like something Guzzi *could* have
made during the war. Something
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOlS_ShXf4

Here's an idea for Scott: (warning - contains boating content)

http://www.elrellano.com/videos_online/8146/barca-a-motor.html

No steering unless that rowboat has a bow thruster.

That boat is a high technology marvel incorporating 'eyeball sensormatic rotational assist'. Where
you look is where you go. A sign on the bow says, "Don't look at women when operating this vessel."

Sometimes the sign gets torn away.

When I was a kid I had a 12' aluminum boat with a little 3hp outboard.
I'd tighten the tension on the steering so the motor wouldn't move, sit
in the middle seat and steer just by leaning towards one side or the
other. Worked fine in large ponds.

KC KC is offline

[...]

Somebody said "like a motorcycle"... But if you simply lean a motorcycle
and don't turn the wheel, it will still go straight... Just sayin'.

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:06:41 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article , __ says...

wrote:

[...]

No, leaning doesn't make it turn. Leaning enables the motorcycle to be kept more vertical when
turning. Pushing on the handlebar makes you turn. Push left, go left. Push right, go right.
Countersteering.

wrote:

[...]

No, you have to tip the boat. Speaking of motorcycles, ever try this?

Ride going straight ahead and push your *left* handlebar forward gently
and see which way you turn. Then try with the *right* handlebar.

wrote:

[...]

Heh. I just mentioned to Scott about that. Those who don't ride will
think it's weird. They think it should turn like a car.

KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, that's how she takes every turn... Reverse steer. Add in breaking
loose the rear tire and you are starting to have some fun however, if
you do though, you are losing time going sideways instead of forward
KC KC is offline

[...]

Yes, counter steering but again, it's not the fastest way around the
corner
KC KC is offline

[...]

Just reread that... I should say she counter steers when the suspension
or body position is off... But it's not the fastest way around the track...

wrote:

[...]

A lot of folks will argue about it. But getting a bicycle up to speed, releasing one handgrip and
pushing on the other will make a believer out of them.

Or, taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course.

Summer Leftovers- Dirt Cheep Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 February 19th 12 04:28 PM
Dumber than dirt X ~ Man General 46 August 23rd 11 03:00 PM
To corporate America, life is dirt cheap Harryk General 9 June 30th 11 11:05 AM
sea scooter, e-scooter, golf car, pocket bike, dirt bike, electric vehicle, atv... [email protected] Cruising 0 January 20th 06 03:17 PM
Vendee Globe virtual following in real time and real winds Hervé Le Cornec Cruising 0 October 27th 04 12:10 PM