KC KC is offline

Default WalMart Asks Customers to Donate Food to Its Employees

On 11/20/2013 5:23 PM, Califbill wrote:
"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 11/20/13, 5:04 PM, Califbill wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:07:34 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 11/20/13, 3:45 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:24:21 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Doubtful. Apple manager was looking for someone who actually had
knowledge and could transfer that knowledge to customers and potential
customers. PsychoSnotty is knowledge free and hasn't the personality to
deal with inquisitive people.

It does beg the question of how you got the training and experience to
present yourself as 3d level support.
Typically that comes after extensive corporate training and years of
experience., That is why I question them hiring a stranger off the
street, no matter how charming you are with the customer.

On the other hand, seeing the quality of tech support, I would not be
shocked.

The expectations of quality are so low that mediocre support gets rave
reviews. All they have to do is give you the illusion of support these
days they don't actually have to fix anything.

Maybe the manager came to that conclusion after the many conversations I
had with him, the occasional problems I presented to the "genius bar,"
and my ability to frame questions properly to the guys in the back who
actually tear the machines apart for repair.

Oh, and I've had good success with getting hardware and software support
from apple. One of the reasons for Apple commanding premium prices is
its level of support. Perhaps you should dump those no-name boxes you
call computers and not shop by price alone.

I am my own tech support.
I don't think HP/Compaq and IBM/Lenovo are exactly "no name" either

My comments are based on my wife's experiences. Apple does not really
have a product for her applications and the support they get on these
products suck.
They did their homework and bought the product with the highest rated
support but it turned out to be very buggy and the bugs were not
getting fixed. The support staff was very courteous and responded on a
timely basis but they couldn't fix anything.
They started quizzing the people who gave those glowing reviews and
found out they had the same problems, unfixed but they said the tech
support was so nice they gave them good scores.
Like I said, lowered expectations.

If he was Genius Bar material, he would not have to be at the Apple store
that much.

There you go again, Bilious, demonstrating your ignorance.

The two Apple stores I visit, including the one I visit the most, are
inside regional shopping malls. I go to these malls to accompany my wife,
who shops at these malls. Unfortunately, there are very few stores at
these malls that interest me. So I visit the Apple stores there quite a
bit and, at one of the malls, Restoration Hardware and L.L. Bean. The
manager at one of the Apple stores and I "befriended" each other at his
store and on Facebook.

Hey...got any really dumb political views to espouse today, Bilious?

So you were befriended. Still does not make you an Apple Genius.

Oh God... the whole thing is another harrytale. It has taken him almost
15 years to realize he has to make up stories that can't be discounted
easily with a quick google search... But really, do you believe any of
it or are you just playing with him? Just curious...

On 11/20/13, 3:45 PM, wrote:
[...]

That's right, Bilious. I was discussing a job with an Apple store manager
a few years ago, he was talking about hiring me as an Apple Genius for
the Geezer crowd, and I turned it down. So, I'm not an Apple Genius. You,
on the other hand, are a moron.

You are not even a good writer.