Default Tea Party Finds Its Next Line in the Sand Battle.

On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:01:36 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 11/8/13, 3:41 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/8/2013 1:11 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/8/13, 1:51 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/7/2013 7:05 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Save the Transfats!

FDA eyes ban on trans fats due to heart disease risk

I found nothing in the article that referenced the Tea Party

fighting for the right to eat transfats.
Mikek

No? Didn't you get the email from your local Tea Party chapter?

Nah, the whole topic is just a figment of you paranoid imagination.
You should stop in and visit your local Tea Party, they're a bunch
of good people that think the government is spending way to much
money. Not anyone you need to be afraid of.
Mikek

The Tea Party is a conglomeration of white trash, with the emphasis on
trash. The elected politicians who claim to be Tea Party members are
racist obstructionists who hate government and want to destroy it.
They're secessionists. Their followers are ignorant and stupid. I'm not
surprised you admire them and think they are good people.

You can't really blame them for trying to undo the current administration.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

On 11/8/2013 5:01 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

The Tea Party is a conglomeration of white trash, with the emphasis on
trash. The elected politicians who claim to be Tea Party members are
racist obstructionists who hate government and want to destroy it.
They're secessionists. Their followers are ignorant and stupid. I'm not
surprised you admire them and think they are good people.

Hypothetical:

The impossible happens and Ted Cruz is elected POTUS in 2016. In the
first few months of his presidency two bills are introduced in Congress
with the full support of Cruz who promises to immediately sign them into
law.

The first is to overturn Roe v. Wade, making abortions illegal.

The second is to reinstate both prayer and teaching of creationism in
public schools.

As a liberal, progressive Democrat, how hard would you be willing to
fight to prevent these bills from becoming law?

Point is the Tea Party crowd are as passionate about their beliefs as
liberal Democrats are about theirs.

Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to suggest agreement or
support of the "Tea Party" movement.

"F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 11/8/13, 3:41 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/8/2013 1:11 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/8/13, 1:51 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/7/2013 7:05 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Seems as if I saw people of color at the Tea Party rallies on TV. Maybe
they are upset with a government than is hell bent on spending us in to
doom. A recession, the like of has not been seen for a thousand years. We
lose World Reserve Currency status and we are probably in worse shape than
most 3rd world countries. A populace who is not inclined to work hard, and
depends way to much on government handouts. Those flyover, redneck areas
will probably survive a hell of a lot better than most Liberal Arts majors,
and large city dwellers.

On 11/8/2013 4:01 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/8/13, 3:41 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/8/2013 1:11 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 11/8/13, 1:51 PM, amdx wrote:
On 11/7/2013 7:05 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Save the Transfats!

FDA eyes ban on trans fats due to heart disease risk

I found nothing in the article that referenced the Tea Party

fighting for the right to eat transfats.
Mikek

No? Didn't you get the email from your local Tea Party chapter?

Nah, the whole topic is just a figment of you paranoid imagination.
You should stop in and visit your local Tea Party, they're a bunch
of good people that think the government is spending way to much
money. Not anyone you need to be afraid of.
Mikek

The Tea Party is a conglomeration of white trash, with the emphasis on
trash.

I don't think you have met enough Tea Party members to know this.
I have, the ones I have met are middle class or upper middle class.
This is propaganda that you have bought into.

The elected politicians who claim to be Tea Party members are
racist obstructionists who hate government and want to destroy it.

I have not met any Tea Party racists in my area, N.W. Florida.
Tea Party members know that a government and laws are needed for a free
flow of commerce, courts are needed to enforce contracts.
The government is also needed to preserve safety and provide security
for the country. Tea Party members want government, but not one so large
it interferes with freedom of it's people.

They're secessionists. Their followers are ignorant and stupid. I'm not
surprised you admire them and think they are good people.

You would need to be ignorant to believe the things you have said.
I don't believe you are ignorant, you just want to spread your liberal
ideas. But, denigrating the other side is not telling the story of
how great liberalism is. You are just making up lies in an effort to
make your side look better. Even the people on your side can see that.

This started when you found an article about banning transfats.
Then you linked that to the Tea Party, this was not in the article
and you gave no reference to provide any link between these two items.
The only place this exists is in your mind.

Mikek

In article , says...

Save the Transfats!

FDA eyes ban on trans fats due to heart disease risk

Trans fats may be on their way out of U.S. foods.

It is interesting that you are arguing for the furtherence of the police state.