Default Inguinal Hernias Suck.

"John H" wrote in message

No, this is in my groin and will be done with an incision. It's not
the laparoscopic surgery but the
open repair.

----------------------------

I remember my hernia repair vividly. It was done by the same surgeon
who had performed a mastectomy on my wife, so I knew him pretty well.
He was joking around with me before they administered the anesthesia.

The problem is that I don't accept anesthesia very well. I fight it.
Always have, even with oral surgery. The docs think I am out but I am
not.

Anyway, he thought I was out and started making the incision. I was
groggy, but still very much awake. I lifted my head a little and
said, "HEY" !
Scared the bananas out of him. He said, "You can feel that?" I
said, "Damn right I can". He told the anesthesiologist to "hit him"
and that's the last I remember of it.

He came by later in the recovery area and apologized. He told me that
all the monitors indicated I was out like a light when he started.
Told him "no sweat" ... it really didn't hurt, but I didn't want him
to get too carried away until I was really out. He said it took
quite a bit to put me under.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:12:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" nowayalso.jose.com wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Never had that experience. Did come about half-way awake during a colonoscopy. Remember groaning and
seeing a TV, but that was only for a few seconds.

Doesn't sound very enjoyable!
--

John H.

Hope you're having a great day!

"John H" wrote in message

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:12:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" nowayalso.jose.com
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

---------------

It wasn't a big deal. More funny than anything else because he jumped
when I yelled.

Last time I had oral surgery it was a similar experience. The nurse
started the IV drip that had the anesthesia and the doc told me to do
the typical "Count backwards from 100" Most people are out by the
time they get to 90. I was still counting at 50, so they upped the
drip.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 14:14:17 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" nowayalso.jose.com wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:12:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" nowayalso.jose.com
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

*********
I've never had anesthesia during oral surgery. There've been many times I'd wished for it. Then my
Dr. tells me how much it would cost. Oh well.

Smoking does a lot of harmful things to your teeth and gums. That word should get a lot more
exposure.
--

John H.

Hope you're having a great day!

In article , "Mr.
Luddite" says...

"John H" wrote in message

[...]

Same with me, woke up during oral surgery, scared the **** out of the
dentist, told him I had to pee, he unhooked me, I walked to the
bathroom, peed, went back and sat down! He told me afterward to make
sure I tell whoever that I don't take anesthesia well!

wrote in message ...

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:56:53 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:52:56 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 23:20:24 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 15:03:23 -0400, John H
wrote:

Got diagnosed with same last Friday. Operation scheduled for
next Monday. No golf. That sucks.

Always loosen large weeks before trying to pull.

You doing the mesh via a couple holes in your belly?

It isn't horrible and you are up and around pretty fast. I did it
without the vicodin and I really only had one bad day.

Your balls will get about the size and color of a pomegranate for
week or two but it doesn't hurt and it goes away.

No, this is in my groin and will be done with an incision. It's
not the laparoscopic surgery but the
open repair.

That is where an Inguinal hernia is. If you do the laparoscopic
route
you get 3 cuts (bilateral)., One is just below the navel and the
other 2 are about an inch lower, 3 inches away each side.
The hernia itself is below the "speedo" line.

The up side of this way is a quick recovery.

I don't see why on earth your balls would bloat up like a water
balloon
full of blood though! Not saying they didn't, just odd to me.

In the process of laying in the mesh they break open a lot of blood
vessels and that is the lowest spot for the blood to pool.
The bleeding stops in less than 48 hours but it takes a while for the
blood to be absorbed.

---------------------------

Why doesn't it pool where it would do some good?

wrote:

[...]

I didn't see a smiley face! Maybe the doctor wasn't exercising the appropriate muscle?

wrote:

[...]

Exactly!

Suck it Gaia.... Guru of Woodstock General 10 July 25th 09 04:55 PM
ALSO YOU MAY SUCK IT! Kevin S. Wilson General 16 February 4th 07 06:37 PM
I suck!!! Bobsprit ASA 2 September 11th 04 06:05 PM
OT's really suck Jim General 10 November 20th 03 04:20 PM
you all suck Wyatt Earp Power Boat Racing 1 July 21st 03 02:53 PM