jps jps is offline

Default No Known Record

A record isn't required, just a loon and a gun.

Vargas, who has no known criminal record, set a combustible liquid on
fire in his fourth-floor apartment. Building manager Italo Pisciotti,
79, and his wife, Camira Pisciotti, 69, saw smoke and ran to the unit,
Zogby said. When they arrived, Vargas opened the door and fired,
killing both.

Detectives were investigating whether Vargas had any ongoing disputes
with the building manager, as some residents believed. His mother was
not home at the time.

After gunning down the building managers, Vargas went back into his
burning apartment and fired 10 to 20 shots from a 9mm pistol into the
street. One of the bullets struck 33-year-old Carlos Javier Gavilanes,
who was parking his car after returning home from work. Zogby said his
body was found next to his vehicle.

The gunman then kicked his way into a third-floor apartment, where he
shot to death Patricio Simono, 54; his wife Merly Niebles, 51; and
their 17-year-old daughter. Family members said Simono worked at a car
wash and Niebles cleaned hotel rooms. Their daughter wanted to be a
nurse.

All six people were killed in a short time span, Zogby said, and it's
possible they were all dead by the time police arrived.
Tim Tim is offline

Lifting up prayers this morning to families of a massacre in Hialeah (a suburb of Miami, made mostly of working-class Hispanics). 7 dead, including a family hunted down in their own home and a guy at random walking down the street with his two kids.
Not all is known as to why yet, but a lot of sad people. I ask The Lord to comfort those who remain in mourning...

On 7/28/13 7:12 AM, Tim wrote:
Lifting up prayers this morning to families of a massacre in Hialeah (a suburb of Miami, made mostly of working-class Hispanics). 7 dead, including a family hunted down in their own home and a guy at random walking down the street with his two kids.
Not all is known as to why yet, but a lot of sad people. I ask The Lord to comfort those who remain in mourning...

It's Florida. The crazy shooter was just expressing his god-given right
to buy and own firearms and, of course, to stand his ground. If there is
a "lord," why isn't he or she or it busy preventing this sort of
craziness from happening? Too busy?

I don't intend this rant to be personal, Tim. I respect your beliefs,
but it is going to take a lot more than religious belief to calm this
crazy country down and comfort the mourning, and denying the role that
too easy access to firearms plays is not helpful, eh?

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:25:17 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 7/28/13 7:12 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

....and you'll note that the gun nut, Krause, has given up all his firearms!

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On 7/28/13 7:12 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

And he neglects to mention that the more we force God into a closet, the
crazier the country gets.

On 7/28/13 7:12 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Tell me, oh psychotic one, how does a mere mortal force god into a closet?

On 7/28/13 7:12 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Well, he either did or he's being damn hypocritical. Or maybe he's just trying to get on jps' 'good
side'.

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 04:12:45 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Lifting up prayers this morning to families of a massacre in Hialeah (a suburb of Miami, made mostly of working-class Hispanics). 7 dead, including a family hunted down in their own home and a guy at random walking down the street with his two kids.
Not all is known as to why yet, but a lot of sad people. I ask The Lord to comfort those who remain in mourning...

Well, isn't that special? Did you ask the "Lord" to bring back the
folks who were innocently shot dead for no reason?

I think innocent bystanders should be resurrected, and any Lord worth
his salt would be able to right these asinine wrongs. He can't even
smite the asshole who needlessly killed these people.
Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:37:00 PM UTC-5, jps wrote:

Well, isn't that special? Did you ask the "Lord" to bring back the

folks who were innocently shot dead for no reason?

Why no. Do you often tell God to "damn" people that you don't like or disagree with?