Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default 'Flush Rush' Continues...

A day after Disney removed its Disney on Ice ads from the controversial
Rush Limbaugh Show amid outrage over his use of a racial slur on the
program, the dominos continued to fall.

If you live in the south, you're no doubt familiar with Bojangles. The
ubiquitous Charlotte, NC-based chicken and biscuit chain has 500
locations sprinkled across 11 states.

Until today, Bojangles had been a regular advertiser on the Rush
Limbaugh Show, sponsoring traffic on WBT-Charlotte nearly every day
during the controversial program. And for months, the company had
declined to respond to Flush Rush pressure that they remove the ads.

Apparently that all changed when Rush Limbaugh used the N word on the
air last week.

Charlotte is a very diverse city, with 35% African American residents
among its population. Today Bojangles took an ethical stand on behalf
of those minorities and other targets of Limbaugh's rhetoric and issued
this statement:

"Thank you for your comment about our advertisements on The Rush
Limbaugh Show. Respect for people of all genders, origins and beliefs is
a core principle at Bojangles', and we would never knowingly participate
in anything that could be considered offensive. When we buy radio
advertising, we often do not select specific programming and have no
knowledge of when our commercials will run – which was the case with ads
that have run on the program in question. A number of our loyal guests
have told us they were offended by some of the content on the program in
recent weeks. We have looked into that content, and as a result we have
taken the steps necessary to ensure our ads do not run on this program
indefinitely. We hope you’ll continue to enjoy our chicken and biscuits,
and we look forward to seeing you at Bojangles' again soon.
Sincerely,
The Bojangles' Team"

Another southern staple is the grocery store chain Food Lion, also
headquartered near Charlotte, with 1,100 stores across the Southeast.
Food Lion ads recently ran on WBT-Charlotte during the Rush Limbaugh
Show, and after contact by various StopRush volunteers the grocery giant
replied today:

"Thank you for contacting Food Lion. We are pleased to have the
opportunity to respond.

I have researched and been advised that this was out of our control
and we have told WBT to never let it happen again. We appreciate you
bringing this to our attention.

Again, thank you for contacting Food Lion."

Good Old Rush! iBoaterer[_2_] General 1 March 11th 12 12:53 PM
Rush isn't a racist and neither is this guy... jps General 4 October 17th 09 05:57 AM
All Bow Down Before Rush HK General 12 May 8th 09 01:06 AM
alt.california, alt.rush-limbaugh, alt.impeach.bush, alt.politics.gw-bush, alt.politics.usa.republican, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism, alt.politics.republicans, alt.culture.alaska,rec.boats [email protected] General 2 December 7th 08 10:59 AM
Rush is Right! Mike[_9_] ASA 8 July 13th 08 06:00 PM