Default Never ever get off the boat...

....even if you weren't on one to begin with...

Sleeping Florida beachgoer is run over by sheriff’s deputy’s truck

Sunbather Jessica Nystrom, 21, was left with tire marks across her body
after an officer accidentally drove his patrol truck over her shoulder
on Miramar Beach, near Panama City, at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/lsljcut

On Friday, 31 May 2013 18:41:41 UTC-3, F.O.A.D. wrote:
...even if you weren't on one to begin with...

Sleeping Florida beachgoer is run over by sheriff’s deputy’s truck

Sunbather Jessica Nystrom, 21, was left with tire marks across her body

after an officer accidentally drove his patrol truck over her shoulder

on Miramar Beach, near Panama City, at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/lsljcut

If I was going to sunbath...let alone sleep on a beach where vehicles drive, I'd stay up neat the top and have an umbrella, flag or one of those little beach shelters.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 31, 5:01*pm, True North wrote:
On Friday, 31 May 2013 18:41:41 UTC-3, F.O.A.D. *wrote:
...even if you weren't on one to begin with...

Sleeping Florida beachgoer is run over by sheriff’s deputy’s truck

Sunbather Jessica Nystrom, 21, was left with tire marks across her body

after an officer accidentally drove his patrol truck over her shoulder

on Miramar Beach, near Panama City, at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/lsljcut

If I was going to sunbath...let alone sleep on a beach where vehicles drive, I'd stay up neat the top and have an umbrella, flag or one of those little beach shelters.

Don, that's one advantage i have. I don't need to sun bathe to have a
'tan'

?;^ )

Right now we're getting a long deserved couple days of hot air and sunshine from the south.
The big thing will be avoiding getting burned...not just sun tanned.

On 6/1/2013 6:45 AM, True North wrote:
Right now we're getting a long deserved couple days of hot air and sunshine from the south.
The big thing will be avoiding getting burned...not just sun tanned.

You can get all the vitimin D you need in 10 minutes a day. Don't be
stupid. Don't try to be a bronzed god.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 1, 5:45*am, True North wrote:
Right now we're getting a long deserved couple days of hot air and sunshine from the south.
The big thing will be avoiding getting burned...not just sun tanned.

I can appreciate that, especially if one is very light complected.

On 6/1/13 11:55 AM, Tim wrote:
On Jun 1, 5:45 am, True North wrote:
Right now we're getting a long deserved couple days of hot air and sunshine from the south.
The big thing will be avoiding getting burned...not just sun tanned.

I can appreciate that, especially if one is very light complected.

Black people get sunburned. The first time we went to Cancun, Mexico,
about 1972, was with a black couple, and the guy was as dark-skinned a
black as I have ever met. He was as dark as many of the Africans I met
in Kenya years ago. Anyway, my first wife and I knew enough to limit our
time on the beach and much to my surprise and ignorance, our travel
companions came inside a short time later. He didn't want to get a bad
sunburn, he said, and he wasn't kidding. Until that moment, I wasn't
aware blacks with his skin tone could suffer El Sunburno. My ignorance.
When I hit the beaches of Long Island Sound as a teen-ager with my
friends, my black friends weren't worried about sunburn. My guess is
that the sun just isn't as strong in the higher latitudes. Just a guess.

Tim Tim is offline

On May 31, 4:41*pm, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
...even if you weren't on one to begin with...

Sleeping Florida beachgoer is run over by sheriff’s deputy’s truck

Sunbather Jessica Nystrom, 21, was left with tire marks across her body
after an officer accidentally drove his patrol truck over her shoulder
on Miramar Beach, near Panama City, at 6 p.m. Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/lsljcut

Not necessarily excusing the officer, but her tan probably blended her
in with the sand, making her very difficult to see.

Ran across her shoulder? She's lucky to be alive!