Default Rolling Thunder - A Huge Success!

Perfect weather, great organization, and thousands of motorcycles - what a super day.

We got there about 9:15, falling in with a pack of Harleys from Wisconsin. They didn't seem to mind
the fact that Moto Guzzi cylinders were mounted sideways, so we inched our way together into the
Pentagon North parking lot. I'd thought we'd be early, but the north lot was already half full. We
spent the next few hours walking around looking at bikes or laying in the grass or taking pictures.
Around 11:55 the rumble of exhausts started, and the first row of bikes began to head out. About
2 1/2 hours later our row began moving.

Here's our arrival with the Wisconsin club:
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...tml?sort=3&o=3

Pentagon North parking lot - full.
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...tml?sort=3&o=2

Yours truly on one of the near overpasses.
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...tml?sort=3&o=0

All lined up!
http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...tml?sort=3&o=1

What a great ride. This was my third time, but the number of bikes has become unreal. Here are a
couple links that have some great pictures and tell the story pretty well.

http://tinyurl.com/qypenjk
http://tinyurl.com/oebnchr

Oh, no Ducati anywhere, but we did see one other Moto Guzzi! This was the same weekend as the annual
West Virginia Moto Guzzi rally, which is where most of the local Guzzisti were probably hanging out.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!
Tim Tim is offline

Here's our arrival with the Wisconsin club:http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...%20Thunder/P10...

Pentagon North parking lot - full.http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...%20Thunder/P10...

Yours truly on one of the near overpasses.http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...%20Thunder/P10...

All lined up!http://s98.photobucket.com/user/jher...%20Thunder/P10...

What a great ride. This was my third time, but the number of bikes has become unreal. Here are a
couple links that have some great pictures and tell the story pretty well..

http://tinyurl.com/qypenjkhttp://tinyurl.com/oebnchr

Oh, no Ducati anywhere, but we did see one other Moto Guzzi! This was the same weekend as the annual
West Virginia Moto Guzzi rally, which is where most of the local Guzzisti were probably hanging out.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

Excellent, John! I'm glad you had a great event and weather to match.
I don't have the time at the moment to scan all the pics, but the
first link looked really swell.

"one of these days" I'll get a bike going and do the run. The last
time I made a long distance run was on a 1969 M. Goose V-7 Ambassador.
I went about 15 hrs. straight to Orlando. Not the most powerful bike
in the world, but it was consistent. You hit the 4-lane and just held
the throttle wide open. 75 mph. Stop for gas and a leak and hit the
road again. That's when I was a 27 yr. old pup.

I ain't doin' that no mo'!

On Mon, 27 May 2013 09:24:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On May 27, 7:06*am, John H wrote:
[...]

Whenever you're ready for a nice long ride, give me a shout.

John H.

On May 27, 7:06*am, John H wrote:
[...]

When I'm ready it'll probably be on aHonda 'Wing" or a Yamaha "Star"

?;^ )

On May 27, 7:06*am, John H wrote:
[...]

I don't care!

John H.

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 20:24:56 -0400, Earl wrote:

John H wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

I'm glad someone appreciates pictures of thousands of Harley Davidsons.

John H.

John H wrote:
[...]

Speaking of Wisconsin and Harleys. I'll be cruising by Milwaukee soon. I
wonder if I should tour the Harley plant. Also should I tour the beer
plant that *kept* Milwaukee famous?

John H wrote:
[...]

If I were a Harley guy, I'd definitely tour the Harley plant. Being a Moto Guzzi guy, I toured the
Moto Guzzi factory in Mandello del Lario, Italy. My wife also rode her V50III (a 500cc Guzzi) from
Stuttgart to Mandello, following me. We went across the Spleugen Pass. Scared the crap out of me.
Started raining about half way up the Swiss side, which turned to snow at the top. She hung in
there, and wasn't at all afraid, she said.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

'Rolling Thunder' is tomorrow. John H[_2_] General 6 May 27th 13 12:20 PM
Opening Day of Boating Season a Huge Success in Seattle Chuck Gould General 0 May 6th 13 12:05 AM
Yo Thunder! John H[_2_] General 0 February 27th 09 12:38 PM
Yo!! Thunder... Tom Francis - SWSports General 1 December 9th 08 04:04 PM
Yo!! Thunder... jps General 0 November 17th 05 12:46 AM