Default Wal-Mart's continuing problems

On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

From Bloomberg

Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT), already struggling to woo shoppers
constrained by higher taxes, is “getting worse” at keeping shelves
stocked, the retailer’s U.S. chief told executives, according to minutes
of an officers’ meeting obtained by Bloomberg News.

I suspect Walmart underestimated the recovery. They pride themselves
in having "just in time" delivery of product by analysing sales at
each store right down to the department and item, in real time.
They probably did not stage enough at the distribution centers to fill
those orders. Of course they may have just underestimated "shrinkage"
since the inventory system is based on what goes through the
registers.

In the case of John's ammo, that is a national supply chain problem. I
doubt anyone anticipated the demand but I agree with Harry. It is
likely that as soon as the hoarders have all they think they need
supplies will go to glut and bulk ammo will be cheap again. A am sure
the ammo manufacturers are trying to hit that goldilocks spot too.
Don't make enough and you lose sales. Tool up, make too much and you
may be stuck with that decision for a while (too much product and too
many people).

Our local WalMart got some .45 in today, about 8 boxes - packed with two or three other calibers in
a box. Not even a case of the stuff. But, other than that, they've not had *any* ammo come in for a
week now.

You're right, it's across the board, not just 'WalMart mismanagement' as some would hope. The big
ammo houses on the net all say the same thing, 'out of stock'.

Tim gave me a heads up on a place near him that got in some 9mm. He checked the price, $30 for a box
of 50 - more than double what WalMart is charging, and almost double what the local firing range is
charging.
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

And by noon they had sold out of the 3000 rounds of 9mm, they had
just received the afternoon before. And that is at double the going
rate price.

Fools and their money...

On 3/1/13 8:09 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 1, 6:42 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 7:32 AM, J Herring wrote:

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

From Bloomberg

[...]

At 7:32 am on a Friday, Herring's already been to Wal-Mart to see the
clerks there unpack the day's supply of ammo.

Talk about obsessed.

How else you gonna get it? There won't be any available by 9, if not
before

Oooh Nooo....the zombies are sure to get John... They're probably
waiting in the Wal-Mart parking lot for him right now.

I'll be glad to sell John some quality 9mm ammo...only $75 for the first
box of 50 rounds, and $100 for additional boxes. I do have to limit
quantities to five boxes per customer, though.
Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 1, 7:17*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

*From Bloomberg

[...]

LOL Harry, and how much did you give for that 'custom shop' CZ?

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 05:09:09 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:42*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
[...]

The poor boy is dying for attention. He accuses me of racism for posting the latest Chicago
homicides. What a laugh. I suppose the Chicago newspapers is racist.

Good morning to you! Here's hoping you make lots of money today!

On 3/1/13 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 1, 7:17 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

From Bloomberg

[...]

Easy enough to find out at the *CZCustom Shoppe*, aka http://czcustom.com/

The difference is, my CZ is a custom job, not a box of commodity ammo
that should sell for about $8 for 50 rounds.

We have a few decent gun shops around here. If I happen to drive by one,
I'll stop in and see what 9 mm ammo is going for, if there is any to be
had. Wal-Marts tend to sell "white box" ammo, which is pretty crappy,
dirty stuff. How do I know that? One of my friends buys his pistol ammo
at Wal-Mart... .40 S&W.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 1, 7:42*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 7:17 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

* From Bloomberg

[...]

so... paying double what a gun's worth is good, but paying double for
ammo is bad?

Speaking of 'dirty' ammo, most of the stuff I have is military
surplus. old .303 British shells with "cordite" But they work....AND,
that's what cleaning kits are for...

?;^ )

On 3/1/13 8:53 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 1, 7:42 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 7:17 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

From Bloomberg

[...]

Let's just say that the "custom" CZ target pistols have a lot of "extra
value" in terms of finishing, adjusting, parts, and so forth, that the
work is done by very skilled competitive shooters, and the test results
are...impressive. And the price wasn't "double."

Ammo is a mass produced commodity product...paying $30 instead of $8
because of an NRA-induced panic is...stupid.

On 3/1/2013 7:42 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

At 7:32 am on a Friday, Herring's already been to Wal-Mart to see the
clerks there unpack the day's supply of ammo.

Talk about obsessed.

At 7:32 friday, harry and loogie have already made nearly 30 troll
posts, talk about obsessed..

On 3/1/2013 8:32 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 1, 7:17 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/1/13 8:07 AM, Tim wrote:

On Mar 1, 6:32 am, J Herring wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 00:28:27 -0500, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:49:32 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

From Bloomberg

[...]

These guys are such tools... 40 posts trolling already this morning
from just kevin and harry

trouble for wal-mart OmDeFlume General 9 May 1st 11 02:07 PM
Wal-Mart...a criminal enterprise? H the K (I post with a Mac) General 4 December 7th 09 10:53 PM
Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!! jchaplain General 328 December 18th 03 06:19 PM
OT--Wal-Mart Posts $2.44B in 2Q Earnings NOYB General 50 August 17th 03 11:40 PM