Default So, Scotty is against Sany aid....so....

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:35:29 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:20:22 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 1/7/13 12:03 PM,
wrote:

Well, perhaps if you weren't using a 19th Century news reader like Forte
Agent...

There are a number of reasons for using a simpler news reader than
Outlook or some other bloatware.
For one thing, it runs off a thumb drive and will execute on any
windoze platform without actually being installed. That is handy if
you have more than one machine.

You must follow some usenet groups other than rec.boats, because
carrying a thumb drive to be able to read this one from any windoze
machine seems a waste of time and effort, considering the lack of
content here.

Facebook, interestingly, updates itself to its users no matter what
machine they are on. If I visit with my iMac and then the next day visit
with my tablet, my stuff to read is just where I left it after I logged
out with the iMac...the old stuff I've already read is way down at the
bottom of the list. Of course, no one really gives a damn about usenet
anymore, so development ceased ages ago.

Yes I follow several text usenet groups and a number of binary groups.

If you don't keep your headers updated on some of the binary groups it
becomes very cumbersome. Alt.binary.e-book.technical is very active.
That is a great source for government papers and technical documents.
It is amazing what is out there.

Can stuff be downloaded to a kindle from the e-book groups?

Probably, but not by people that are too stupid to cut and paste URL's.

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 16:05:50 -0500, Salmonbait
wrote:

Can stuff be downloaded to a kindle from the e-book groups?

===

Yes, indirectly, through your computer and a USB cable, or uploaded to
Amazon for a small fee.

Here are some links you might find useful:

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/want-to-send-a-document-to-your-kindle-15-cents-please/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630

http://nancyhendrickson.com/selling-your-work/preparing-your-book-or-article-for-kindle-part-ii/

wrote:

Can stuff be downloaded to a kindle from the e-book groups?

===

Yes, indirectly, through your computer and a USB cable, or uploaded to
Amazon for a small fee.

Here are some links you might find useful:

http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/want-to-send-a-document-to-your-kindle-15-cents-please/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375630

http://nancyhendrickson.com/selling-your-work/preparing-your-book-or-article-for-kindle-part-ii/

Thanks, Wayne. Good to know in case the library runs out of e-books.

On 1/7/2013 1:41 PM, ESAD wrote:
On 1/7/13 1:18 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/7/2013 12:03 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 11:19:52 -0500, ESAD wrote:

On 1/7/13 11:07 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:33:11 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

That's odd, Mr. Internet Guru.... I use the same reader as you, and I
have no problems! And of course, name calling is what happens when
you
have been found, once again, to be a complete idiot. How Harryesque.
Notice, if you will, the only ones to have trouble with the links I
provide are you, Greg and Meyer.... Everyone else says it's not a
problem!!! Hmmmmmm?

I know how to paste but I have to open a new browser instance, paste
the url, delete the space and launch it instead of simply clicking the
link.

It is really seldom worth the effort for the crap you link.

Well, perhaps if you weren't using a 19th Century news reader like
Forte
Agent...

There are a number of reasons for using a simpler news reader than
Outlook or some other bloatware.
For one thing, it runs off a thumb drive and will execute on any
windoze platform without actually being installed. That is handy if
you have more than one machine.

Is harry bragging about his bootleg software again??

Right, ****-for-brains, I use a bootlegged copy of Mozilla Thunderbird
so I don't have to pay for it. What an ignorant little flaming ass you
are. How's your cancer?

How's your sleep apnea and osteopenia?

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Facebook is a marketing tool, data mining specifically. There is no
other value to anyone but its users than the data and their
interconnections.

On 1/8/2013 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Yup, FB is real hard looking to have every face tagged.. Even try to get
your friends to put tags to your face in there. I am sure they already
have all the data they need for a full face recognition on most of the
county by now....

On 1/8/13 10:29 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 1/8/2013 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

You don't need FB for that...I'm sure your face is on the post office wall.

In article , says...

On 1/8/2013 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Insane Scotty thinking Facebook is going to take over the world.. Like a
guy I heard call in on the radio yesterday, claiming that he thinks
China has GPS coordinates for every American and are going to use them
to send bumblebee like drones to inject us with poison!!!! Just about as
sane....

On 1/8/13 11:44 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , says...

On 1/8/2013 8:03 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

I don't give a **** what FB tracks. There are ways to stay "private" on
FB and there are apps available that help you customize it to your
liking, including the elimination of virtually all advertising.

Through FB, I've been able to re-connect with dozens of people I've
known over the decades and meet some new people, too, including actual
boaters from all around the world, and I've hooked up with a couple of
SIGs that have some really funny stuff, travel info, food, et cetera,
and all this without any of the right-wing assholes who have destroyed
rec.boats.

buy brand Alert Caps (Sleep & Relaxation Aid) Sleep Aid online pill no prescription CiciliyaVorina General 0 December 2nd 11 03:59 AM
foreign aid Frank[_4_] General 18 March 7th 11 04:17 PM
CPR and First Aid [email protected] General 13 January 19th 11 01:06 AM
Farm Aid Harry ? General 2 August 31st 10 07:22 PM
Hitch Aid CURTIS THOMPSON Electronics 10 August 16th 05 05:47 AM