Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric Maschke

Default Best Type of Stove

Just purchased a 1979 Pacific Seacraft Orion. The boat has had several
owners. The last owner took out the Force 10 stove (propane) and put in an
Origa alcohol stove. The Origa is not a pressurized stove, it is a pour and
light type.

I was told that the Origa can barely boil water and is really bare bones. On
the other hand if I go back to the propane I'll need to find a place to
store the bottle and rerun the propane line which I don't want to do.

I'm not doing any gourmet cooking but would like to be able to heat water
for coffee, fry up the occasional eggs and bacon for breakfast and cook up
the occasional fresh caught fish.

With this in mind, any ideas on self contained stoves? Alcohol or Kerosene ?
Manufacture? Pros and cons?

Eric

Type 2 vs. Type 3 Wire Glenn Ashmore Electronics 2 March 31st 04 10:51 PM
Q for Peggie re type I MSD and holding tanks Sven General 1 December 1st 03 05:47 AM
Princess Stove help Adrienne General 2 October 22nd 03 03:48 PM
Question about installing Diesel Heater MLapla4120 Cruising 11 October 22nd 03 05:27 AM
Boat trailer bearings: Oil vs Grease, which type is best? CaptainGo General 5 October 9th 03 02:54 PM