Default decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

18' Grady White or 18' Edgewater or 18' Boston Whaler? Of course, Yamaha on the back and all center console! Opinions??

On Friday, October 19, 2012 5:04:37 PM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

In article ,

says...

18' Grady White or 18' Edgewater or 18' Boston Whaler? Of course, Yamaha on the back and all center console! Opinions??

Too vague to answer. Need more info.

Let's start with the most important - are you Harry?

Oh, on that question your answer doesn't matter.

Nobody will believe you.

So I think we're done with this topic.

Try internet forums. But forget the BW. Way overrated and a bad deal.

Now YOU will be Harry, or Kevin, or loogy, or...... whatever insanity

pops into Scotty's head!!!

Ok, I'll try my best not to be too vague. Looking for a smaller - i.e. 18' boat - that will serve as a good fishing/family boat, and it will be used in a salt water environment. I don't want a larger boat than 18' since it will be trailer towed, and I don't want to try to tow anything larger. I'm looking for a center console since it will be used for fishing most of the time, and I'd like to have the room to roam around. I like the Yamaha and will probably get the 4-stroke 150.

I've heard that Boston Whaler is definitely not what it once was. My favorite BW was a 1965 13' with a 35 Evenrude. What a great little boat!

And, no, I'm not Harry or Kevin or loogy . . . Strange that you should ask! I'm just seeking opinions. I'm leaning towards the Edgewater, but the Grady White is a pretty nice boat, too. Your comment on the BW confirmed that my observations were correct about their being overrated, so I'll scratch that one off the list. That's the kind of opinion that will help! Thanks!

On 10/19/2012 5:30 PM, tee43 wrote:
[...]

Wait for Guzzirules or something like that.. (John) to answer.. I forget
the brand but he has a great boat that he uses enough to give you a good
read... I remember being shown one of his models at a boat show a couple
years back and got the rundown from an old poster here.... Seems like a
perfect boat for a trailer boat. I will let him fill in the details
but it seems to do all the stuff, boarding, fishing, gunkholing...
etc... and I think he has the powerhouse you are considering too for
that matter....

On 10/19/2012 6:31 PM, JustWait wrote:
[...]

His might be a 21 footer though... but I stood on one at the show and it
seemed well fitted.. wish I could remember the brand...
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 19, 5:31*pm, JustWait wrote:
[...]

If I remember correctly, John's boat is an 18' Key West CC with a 150
hp Yamaha 4 stroke,

He loves it! roomy enough to take a bunch of family out, or plenty of
walk around room to fish.

On 10/19/2012 4:18 PM, tee43 wrote:
18' Grady White or 18' Edgewater or 18' Boston Whaler? Of course, Yamaha on the back and all center console! Opinions??

Where do you boat, what do you want your boat to do for you? That basic
info is necessary before anybody can really help you.

On 10/19/2012 5:19 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 10/19/2012 4:18 PM, tee43 wrote:
18' Grady White or 18' Edgewater or 18' Boston Whaler? Of course,
Yamaha on the back and all center console! Opinions??

Where do you boat, what do you want your boat to do for you? That basic
info is necessary before anybody can really help you.

Whalers are definately over rated. I picked one up for a song And
discovered that the hand rail around the front was not mounted securely
to backing blocks. Foam sandwich construction is fine until the bond is
compromised.
Grady is a good name but tends to be overpriced.
Never heard of Edgewarter.