Tim Tim is offline

Default Hurricane Issac...

On Aug 25, 7:34*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 19:30:49 -0400, wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 16:58:37 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 10:27:24 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I hope it's not a hurricane for Florida's sake, but I hope it hurls
some showers up here.

===

Good chance that will happen from the looks of the current forecast
models. * Sometimes people inland end up with too much of a good thing
however so it's important to get the dosage just right.

Unfortunately for Tim NOAA has this hooking East before it really gets
there. This may end up being a rainy few days for Virginia and
Maryland, going out that way.

===

Different weather models have it in different directions. *The GFS
(Global Forecasting System) has it going more westward, up the
Mississippi River valley, where it eventually gets to our dry friend
on Thursday or Friday.

Stay tuned... * :-)

A friend f mine in Pembroke Pikes Fl (Miami) just sent me this-

"Just after 2am, with news that storm is now predicted to be stronger,
but not quite as close. Been through a few, they are still nature and
unpredictable. We're definitely in the affected area, rain bands
rapidly moving by, small, quick, but powerful little squalls. When the
center passes to the south of us well be in the "dirty" quadrant of
the storm, usually the most wind and rain part, and being where we are
and it's projected direction this means we'll get a couple of mph
added. Still a cat 1, shouldn't be too bad..."
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

"11:00am, seem to be heading into the worst of it now, but they are
saying it will also be clearing up faster too. Not nearly as bad as
previous storms but I'll be glad when it's gone. They are saying about
4 hours to landfall in the Keys at current speed. Grateful and relived
it's not as bad as it could have been...."

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:59:09 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

"11:00am, seem to be heading into the worst of it now, but they are
saying it will also be clearing up faster too. Not nearly as bad as
previous storms but I'll be glad when it's gone. They are saying about
4 hours to landfall in the Keys at current speed. Grateful and relived
it's not as bad as it could have been...."

===

At 5pm the eye is just going through the Key West area. You can
clearly see the rotation on the radar animation.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USFL0244&animate=true

We're about 120 miles NNE. Heavy rain here with winds over 20, not
really a big deal but no day to be outside. The center of the storm
is expected to go well to the west out in the Gulf.

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:05:33 -0400, wrote:

My new weather station is up.
Lets see what it comes up with

http://esteroriverheights.com/weather/

===

Very nice.

What kind of hardware and software are you using?

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 26, 4:05*pm, wrote:
My new weather station is up.
Lets see what it comes up with

http://esteroriverheights.com/weather/

Pretty impressive Greg.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

"11:00am, seem to be heading into the worst of it now, but they are
saying it will also be clearing up faster too. Not nearly as bad as
previous storms but I'll be glad when it's gone. They are saying about
4 hours to landfall in the Keys at current speed. Grateful and relived
it's not as bad as it could have been...."

===

At 5pm the eye is just going through the Key West area. * You can
clearly see the rotation on the radar animation.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USFL0....

We're about 120 miles NNE. * Heavy rain here with winds over 20, not
really a big deal but no day to be outside. *The center of the storm
is expected to go well to the west out in the Gulf.

Wayne, I thought it would be worse than that. Rain yes, but nothing in
the 'red'

no hurricane yet bpuharic General 4 September 3rd 10 09:44 PM
the hurricane bpuharic General 0 September 3rd 10 04:49 AM
another Hurricane! Don White General 12 September 29th 08 06:24 PM
A look at a hurricane DSK ASA 0 December 8th 05 04:22 PM
The Hurricane Scout ASA 0 September 20th 03 10:35 PM