Default Good quote!

Penn Jillette:

It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the
government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and
suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to
give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous
bullying laziness.

People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and
if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for
forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy
in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint.

An interesting quote X ` Man General 5 October 3rd 11 11:59 PM
A good Labor quote Tim General 35 September 7th 11 03:54 PM
A famous quote TopBassDog General 0 October 12th 09 12:20 AM
Quote of the Day John Gaquin General 57 September 29th 04 12:57 PM
OT- A good quote John Cairns ASA 1 June 16th 04 11:53 PM