Default Onward....

An evangelical spokesperson for a religious group known as Truth In
Action has claimed that the tragedy in Colorado happened because America
has lost its fear of hell.

In an article published on OneNewsNow, evangelical Jerry Newcombe wrote:

I can't help but feel that to some extent, we're reaping what we've
been sowing as a society. We said to God, "Get out of the public arena."
Lawsuit after lawsuit, often by misguided "civil libertarians," have
chased away any fear of God in the land -- at least in the hearts of
millions.

Newcombe’s is not alone in reacting this way to the shooting in Aurora
that claimed 12 deaths and left dozens of injuries. On the day of the
shooting Rep. Gohmert of Texas also insisted that the shootings are the
result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian Beliefs":

"People say ... where was God in all of this? We've threatened high
school graduation participations, if they use God's name, they're going
to be jailed ... I mean that kind of stuff. Where was God? What have we
done with God? We don't want him around. I kind of like his protective
hand being present."

Perhaps more disturbing were Newcombe’s comments when on a segment on
the American Family Association radio dedicated to understanding the
shooting tragedy in Colorado. In taking about the deaths, Newcombe
separated the afterlife fate of those who died as Christians and those
who did not:

If a Christian dies early, if a Christian dies young, it seems
tragic, but really it is not tragic because they are going to a
wonderful place.. on the other hand, if a person doesn’t know Jesus
Christ.. if they knowingly rejected Jesus Christ, then, basically, they
are going to a terrible place.

Newcombe then turned the tragedy into a time for people to become
Christian and avoid the similar fate of hell:

For those who are not ‘in Christ’ and see this incredible tragedy,
this would be a good time for soul reflection and consider why have you
not accepted Jesus Christ.. I would urge anyone who is not in Christ to
repent of your sins.

- - -

Why wouldn't everyone want to be associated with this good christians?

Onward Christian Soldiers jps General 5 April 2nd 10 04:46 AM
Onward Christian Soldiers! Bobsprit ASA 0 December 8th 04 01:26 PM
Onward Christian Soldiers jps General 216 November 15th 04 06:16 PM
Onward Christian Soldiers Pt II Doug Kanter General 24 November 12th 04 03:55 PM
Onward Christian Soldiers! gonefishiing ASA 3 November 11th 04 11:46 AM