Default Because it says so...

In article , says...

On 7/13/2012 10:29 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 7/13/2012 10:28 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 13, 9:18 pm, JustWait wrote:
On 7/13/2012 9:17 PM, Tim wrote:

On Jul 13, 11:59 am, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
Georgia home-schooled girl punished with shock collar because ?the
Bible
says?
By David Edwards
Friday, July 13, 2012 12:41 EDT

Georgia teen forced to wear shock collar

A Georgia couple was arrested this week on charges of child cruelty
and
false imprisonment after their 15-year-old daughter told authorities
that she was forced to live in a chicken coop and wear a
remote-controlled shock collar.

The 15-year-old, who was *home schooled*, reportedly said that her
adopted parents, Samuel and Diana Franklin, punished her for not
finishing school work by spending up to six days at a time in the
chicken coop behind their house in Butler over the past two years.

Chicken coops are known to have high levels of ammonia (PDF) which can
be dangerous to both humans and animals.

Authorities said that the girl was also forced to do manual labor and
spend time in a 4-foot-wide outhouse.

?I?ve never seen anything like this personally,? Georgia Bureau of
Investigation Agent Wayne Smith explained. ?If the allegations
prove to
be true, it?s a very severe case.?

A shock collar was found at the home when the parents were taken into
custody on Tuesday. The girl said that a device similar to one that
remotely locks and unlocks cars was used to activate the collar and
punish her with jolts of electricity.

Authorities said the device appeared to match the description provided
by the girl. The collar and a leather belt were being examined at a
crime lab for DNA evidence.

Diana Franklin told one neighbor that she was ?doing what the Bible
says? by punishing the girl for not doing chores the ?right way,?
according to KLTV.

Diana Franklin was charged with four counts of false imprisonment
and 12
counts of cruelty to children. Samuel Franklin also faces charges of 8
counts of false imprisonment and 8 counts of cruelty to children. Both
parents were released on bond on Thursday.

http://tinyurl.com/dyc33ej

Ahh, bible believers...

Those aren't bible believers, Harry. Please don't bunch me and
millions more into that same group.

It really doesn't look good upon you.

An, Tim. Most here have him plonked so he turns to mock you because he
is a ****ing asshole and needs to hurt somebody to feel better about his
own miserable lot in life...

Well Scott. Because I'm a Google Group user, I can't filter anyone,
but I can do a good job of 'ignoring'. I'm thinking that might be a
good option. After all, some articles don't really deserve any kind of
a reply.

I know Tim.. Just sayin'...

Wow, just read the article. A "neighbor" said they were bible thumpers,
and of course in true progressive fashion, harry ran with it because it
allowed him to spread more hate.... Sick puppy that harry krause...

More stupid insane bigotry from Scotty.

"X ` Man" wrote in message
m...

On 7/13/12 8:50 PM, Califbill wrote:
"X ` Man" wrote in message

[...]

Nope, he was union member, Democrat.

Sure he was, dumfuch bill.

--------------------------------------
Glad you agree.

Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 14, 7:47*am, X ` Man wrote:

I don't "condemn" what you call "scripture," which is, after all,
nothing more than what religious believers of any faith think is
"sacred," or even central to their faith. To the extent that "scripture"
instructs mankind to "do good," "help others," "judge not," et cetera,
it is a positive influence. When "scripture" is used to justify hate,
exclusion, selfishness, wrath, et cetera, it is a negative influence.

Unfortunately, there's plenty in "scripture" that can be interpreted or
misinterpreted hundreds of different ways, some good, some not so good,
and too often the "not so good" is used as a rationale for aberrant,
anti-social behavior.

I'm glad you brought that up, Harry. It's fascinating that you never
or should I say 'rarely, point out any of the good of the Bible, yet
are quick to choose it's verses that you interpret to be nothing but
blood, bigotry, hatefulness, incest, anti-science, slavery, down on
women and the like. Then, it shows everyone here that is what you feel
the Bible stands for,

so evidently you're a bible believer too.
And who is a bible believer? An accurate answer would be "anyone who
says he or she is."

On 7/14/12 6:13 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 7/14/2012 3:59 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:47 am, X ` Man wrote:

[...]

If only you were really skilled in something, little ****...you've got
the idiot part down pat...you could evolve into an idiot savant. But
there is just nothing you do well.

Meyer wrote:
On 7/13/2012 10:04 PM, Earl wrote:
X ` Man wrote:

You don't go boating often, do you?

The reason is, the boat he doesn't have now is much larger and harder
to single hand than the boat he didn't have before. Make sense?

It makes perfect sense. There is a lot you can't do if you don't own a
boat!

X ` Man wrote:
On 7/13/12 9:36 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:25 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-

Those aren't bible believers, Harry. Please don't bunch me and
millions more into that same group.

It really doesn't look good upon you.

Who decides who is or who is not a "bible believer"?

Certainly not them, and for someone who doesn't believe in the Bible,
but picks and chooses what they want to condemn the scripture, I truly
doubt you're really qualified either.

Oh, an aside.

I don't "condemn" what you call "scripture," which is, after all,
nothing more than what religious believers of any faith think is
"sacred," or even central to their faith. To the extent that
"scripture" instructs mankind to "do good," "help others," "judge
not," et cetera, it is a positive influence. When "scripture" is used
to justify hate, exclusion, selfishness, wrath, et cetera, it is a
negative influence.

Unfortunately, there's plenty in "scripture" that can be interpreted
or misinterpreted hundreds of different ways, some good, some not so
good, and too often the "not so good" is used as a rationale for
aberrant, anti-social behavior.

There's no need to cite examples...I'm sure you know exactly what I
mean. And there's no shortage of bible believers who use the bad as
their credo.

And who is a bible believer? An accurate answer would be "anyone who
says he or she is."

The same can be said about politics but you don't care.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/pre...true-scotsman/

On 7/15/12 1:24 PM, thumper wrote:
On 7/13/2012 6:36 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:25 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-

Who decides who is or who is not a "bible believer"?

Certainly not them, and for someone who doesn't believe in the Bible,
but picks and chooses what they want to condemn the scripture, I truly
doubt you're really qualified either.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/pre...true-scotsman/

I've read "the bible" more than a few times. I think some of it reflects
an attempt to write down some of contemporaneous history and moral
coding, as it were.

But to "believe" in the bible as something more than words written down
by man, edited by man, and put into "accepted" volumes by man, well,
*that* crosses the line into religious superstition.

On 7/14/2012 12:59 PM, Tim wrote:

I'm glad you brought that up, Harry. It's fascinating that you never
or should I say 'rarely, point out any of the good of the Bible, yet
are quick to choose it's verses that you interpret to be nothing but
blood, bigotry, hatefulness, incest, anti-science, slavery, down on
women and the like. Then, it shows everyone here that is what you feel
the Bible stands for,

People use their own judgement to decide what the good parts are and
reject or rationalize away the parts they don't agree with. It is not a
big leap to realize that we are capable of deciding what is good on our
own based on real world consequences.