Earl[_31_] Earl[_31_] is offline

Default Because it says so...

X ` Man wrote:
On 7/13/12 9:36 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jul 13, 8:25 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-

Those aren't bible believers, Harry. Please don't bunch me and
millions more into that same group.

It really doesn't look good upon you.

Who decides who is or who is not a "bible believer"?

Certainly not them, and for someone who doesn't believe in the Bible,
but picks and chooses what they want to condemn the scripture, I truly
doubt you're really qualified either.

Oh, an aside.

I don't "condemn" what you call "scripture," which is, after all,
nothing more than what religious believers of any faith think is
"sacred," or even central to their faith. To the extent that
"scripture" instructs mankind to "do good," "help others," "judge
not," et cetera, it is a positive influence. When "scripture" is used
to justify hate, exclusion, selfishness, wrath, et cetera, it is a
negative influence.

Unfortunately, there's plenty in "scripture" that can be interpreted
or misinterpreted hundreds of different ways, some good, some not so
good, and too often the "not so good" is used as a rationale for
aberrant, anti-social behavior.

There's no need to cite examples...I'm sure you know exactly what I
mean. And there's no shortage of bible believers who use the bad as
their credo.

And who is a bible believer? An accurate answer would be "anyone who
says he or she is."

The same can be said about politics but you don't care.