Default Engine tuner for diesels?

Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2
S I S I is offline

On Mar 5, 11:05*am, Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2

Don't know about this brand but this technology has been around for
Diesel for a while and from what I hear is pretty solid so far. We are
even using it on the race bikes now, that's how far it's come. If I
were you, I would do the research, read the reviews, and pick one...

Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2

I know people who have them and they do work. They give you more
options than the tow button. They actually control the engine rather
that the shift points.

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:46:48 -0500, Earl wrote:

Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2

I know people who have them and they do work. They give you more
options than the tow button. They actually control the engine rather
that the shift points.

I'll check back in a couple years when the warranty expires. I hadn't realized I had a five year
warranty. Thought it was three or 36K.

Happy John wrote:
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:46:48 -0500, wrote:

Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2

I know people who have them and they do work. They give you more
options than the tow button. They actually control the engine rather
that the shift points.

I'll check back in a couple years when the warranty expires. I hadn't realized I had a five year
warranty. Thought it was three or 36K.

A buddy with a Dodge can reset his at any point to factory specs and
simply unplug it. He's getting 3-5 extra MPG with his.

Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but
that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good
things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by
reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2
I know people who have them and they do work. They give you more
options than the tow button. They actually control the engine rather
that the shift points.

I'll check back in a couple years when the warranty expires. I hadn't
realized I had a five year
warranty. Thought it was three or 36K.

A buddy with a Dodge can reset his at any point to factory specs and
simply unplug it. He's getting 3-5 extra MPG with his.

Yup:
1 I believe most of them now plug right into the computer access harness
under the dash.
2 If there ever is a problem, unplug it and the dealer never even needs
to know it was ever there in the first place.
3 The technology is "up to it", it won't hurt your engine, in fact it
will probably make it last longer.

Here's the thing. These things are made so you can take the technology
already in your truck, and tune it to your personal driving needs. The
computer now is set to "generic" performance based on the idea that
thousands of folks will use the same settings. Like a sailboat that has
an engine, there will always be a compromise... With these devices, you
are using the exact technology as the OEM designed, you are just
tweaking it to suit your own habits... It's not like you are changing an
intake, or putting on headers, etc...

"JustWait" wrote in message ...

Happy John wrote:
[...]

---------------------------------------
part of the problem is the cost of the tuner. How much extra mileage / less
fuel burned to pay for the $500+ for an Edge or other tuner?

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:27:28 -0500, wrote:

Happy John wrote:
Actually, these things are also made for use with gas engines, but that's not my concern.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these. I'm hearing some good things about the results from a
neighbor who has put one on his Ford 250 diesel. He says that by reducing the power capabilities he
can improve the fuel performance capabilities.

Anyone used one?

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=2
I know people who have them and they do work. They give you more
options than the tow button. They actually control the engine rather
that the shift points.

I'll check back in a couple years when the warranty expires. I hadn't realized I had a five year
warranty. Thought it was three or 36K.

Here's a bit mo

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/pe...-warranty.html

Thanks, appreciate it. Some of the folks on my RV forum will appreciate it also.

Why diesels smoke Frogwatch General 3 July 25th 09 03:45 PM
Diesels Gordon Cruising 14 April 29th 09 01:43 AM
About Yanmar diesels Eisboch General 9 March 20th 08 12:32 AM
Engine tuner in E-tecs to remove carbon [email protected] General 4 April 14th 06 03:30 AM
China Diesels P.C. Ford Boat Building 2 July 24th 03 08:09 PM