Tim Tim is offline

Default Florida to install boating test

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Students-must-pass-test-get-boating-ID-card?odyssey=mod|newswell|text||s
..
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

They are doing the same thing here and elsewhere. It is some pressure
from Federal Govt and some from meddling nanny staters. You cannot
operate a canoe here without the certificate, which you pay for and is
spent for bird watchers trails or whatever.
The test is insignificant. It is basically registering you.
You cannot fish or paddle a canoe or even park without a certificate,
permit or fee.
Florida isn't much fun anymore. You feel like you need a console full of
bills and fresh credit cards to go through the state.
..

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:13:07 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Students-must-pass-test-get-boating-ID-card?odyssey=mod|newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

===

There is already a lot of enforcement out there, too much in my
opinion. Within 1,000 feet of our house we have 5 different law
enforcement agencies patroling the water, all with expensive high
powered boats. About the only good thing to come of all that is the
noisy go fast boats are no longer treating the river like their own
private speedway.

wrote:

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Students-must-pass-test-get-boating-ID-card?odyssey=mod|newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

===

There is already a lot of enforcement out there, too much in my
opinion. Within 1,000 feet of our house we have 5 different law
enforcement agencies patroling the water, all with expensive high
powered boats.

They're there to keep an eye on you, Wayne! :)

wrote:

http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Students-must-pass-test-get-boating-ID-card?odyssey=mod|newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

===

There is already a lot of enforcement out there, too much in my
opinion. Within 1,000 feet of our house we have 5 different law
enforcement agencies patroling the water, all with expensive high
powered boats. About the only good thing to come of all that is the
noisy go fast boats are no longer treating the river like their own
private speedway.

Hummm, somehow I remember someone complaining about that particular type
of enforcement in the CT River a few years back ???

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 8, 9:13*pm, Tim wrote:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Student...newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

Looks like Texas is going for it too!

http://www.bestofboating.com/2012/01...er-sept-1-1993

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:09:02 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:13*pm, Tim wrote:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Student...newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

Looks like Texas is going for it too!

http://www.bestofboating.com/2012/01...er-sept-1-1993

By July 1, 2016, I'll have to have a certificate also.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/s.../Virginia.html

I wonder if the Coast Guard Auxillary courses would satisfy the requirement. Of course, our
certificates have been lost for about 15 years!

On 1/10/2012 8:50 PM, Happy John wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 17:09:02 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:13 pm, wrote:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Student...newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

Looks like Texas is going for it too!

http://www.bestofboating.com/2012/01...er-sept-1-1993

By July 1, 2016, I'll have to have a certificate also.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/s.../Virginia.html

I wonder if the Coast Guard Auxillary courses would satisfy the requirement. Of course, our
certificates have been lost for about 15 years!

A lot of east coast states take Connecticut licences from what I understand.

On 1/11/2012 2:30 AM, wrote:

On Jan 8, 9:13 pm, wrote:
http://www.news-press.com/article/20120108/NEWS0101/301080033/Student...newswell|text||s
.
The only problem I see with it is how well can the ID be enforced by
conservation or other water authorities. AND Will it help to curb
accidents?

Beats me.

What say ye, Greg and Wayne...

Looks like Texas is going for it too!

http://www.bestofboating.com/2012/01...er-sept-1-1993

By July 1, 2016, I'll have to have a certificate also.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/s.../Virginia.html

I wonder if the Coast Guard Auxillary courses would satisfy the requirement. Of course, our
certificates have been lost for about 15 years!

A lot of east coast states take Connecticut licences from what I understand.

This is being driven ny the insurance companies but it is mostly
window dressing since you can take the course online, usually for
free. You will get a lot of gee whiz info from the course but it is
nothing like real hands on training and experience.

I know when I go out with some of my neighbors and point out things
like how the rule for boats approaching from the starboard works they
seem amazed. They can quote it but they are not really sure what it
means.
I always get the question "how do I know if I am returning"?

Maybe the insurance companies... But here it's just another way to tax
people. Like the instructor said, "of course the test is easy, if you
don't pass it, the state doesn't get it's 25 dollars...

In article ,
says...

On Jan 8, 9:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

If it saves one child's or adult's life, I'm good with it.