Default Winter is coming...

....so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy JH wrote:

...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

On 1/1/2012 9:54 AM, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy wrote:

...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

Aunt Chippy(AKA Karen) has more holiday tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9dqj...layer_embedded

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 1, 8:54*am, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy JH wrote:
...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, *and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

I'v e never considered the vinegar treatment, but I''ve used newspaper
to to the windshield for years. And old body shop man told me about
that probably 20 or so years ago.

On Jan 1, 11:05*pm, Tim wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:54*am, Happy JH wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy JH wrote:
...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, *and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

I'v e never considered the vinegar treatment, but I''ve used newspaper
to to the windshield for years. And old body shop man told me about
that probably 20 or so years ago.

I use half vinegar & water to clean my house windows, to clean out the
steam iron and the coffee maker.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 1, 9:28*pm, North Star wrote:
On Jan 1, 11:05*pm, Tim wrote:

On Jan 1, 8:54*am, Happy JH wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy JH wrote:
...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, *and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

I'v e never considered the vinegar treatment, but I''ve used newspaper
to to the windshield for years. And old body shop man told me about
that probably 20 or so years ago.

I use half vinegar & water to clean my house windows, to clean out the
steam iron and the coffee maker.

Yeah, the vinegar does great for busting up the calcium/lime deposits.
Our water is drinkable, but occasionally the little holes in the
shower head start to turn white and spray odd, so....

I take it off and let it soak in a cup of white vinegar for a half hr
or so, and that does the trick for it. I never have thought of using
it for window cleaner though. I always thought that was what Glass
Plus or Windex was for.

Sounds like a good idea though. I'll try it..

On 01/01/2012 8:28 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jan 1, 11:05 pm, wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:54 am, Happy wrote:

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy wrote:
...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

I'v e never considered the vinegar treatment, but I''ve used newspaper
to to the windshield for years. And old body shop man told me about
that probably 20 or so years ago.

I use half vinegar& water to clean my house windows, to clean out the
steam iron and the coffee maker.

Tea kettle too.
--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 19:05:34 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

On Jan 1, 8:54*am, Happy JH wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 09:48:19 -0500, Happy JH wrote:
...so now is a good time to invest in some Teflon spray and spray lithium grease. Lube window
channels, locks, *and weather stripping with the Teflon spray. Lube all the hinges, including hood
and trunk or tailgate with the lithium spray.

Whoever told me to use vinegar water and newspapers to clean the truck windows was right on. That
mix makes Windex seem like grease.

Thanks Greg (I think!).

BTW, I owe a thank you to The Family Handiman which provided the Teflon and lithium tips.

I'v e never considered the vinegar treatment, but I''ve used newspaper
to to the windshield for years. And old body shop man told me about
that probably 20 or so years ago.

Half vinegar and half water in a spray bottle. Great stuff. Lots cheaper than Windex too!

She is coming Harryk General 5 July 22nd 11 02:07 PM
I'm coming out! HarryKrause General 4 July 23rd 05 03:25 AM
Coming soon . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 0 February 19th 05 11:47 PM
Coming Very Soon!!! Bobsprit ASA 20 December 8th 03 01:33 AM
THE SECOND COMING Flying Tadpole ASA 6 July 5th 03 06:47 PM