Default Big corporations quaking in fear?

Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), North Star wrote:

Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

Are you dissatisfied with the performance of the tires? They get pretty good ratings. Perhaps they
are trying to maintain a high quality tire at a reasonable price - something difficult to do with a
huge union influence, as our auto manufacturers discovered.

On 12/2/2011 8:58 AM, North Star wrote:
Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

You see what unions will do to business in Canada? Dry it up, that's what.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On 12/2/2011 9:59 AM, Black Cloud wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), North wrote:

[...]

Harry sent Donny a junior, union thug, tin badge. Donny wears it proudly

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

wrote:

Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

it hasnt dawned on either companies or politicians...or people for
that matter, that unions are good for business.

people will let corporations rape the environment, cause planes to
crash, destroy entire world economies...but mention 'union' and people
get hysterical

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:36:09 -0500, Silver lining
wrote:

On 12/2/2011 8:58 AM, North Star wrote:
Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

You see what unions will do to business in Canada? Dry it up, that's what.

let's see which economy has

1 more manufacturing
2 more unions

the US or canada?

oh. canada for both.

uh huh

wrote:

[...]

Corporations and corporationists view worker as nothing more than a form
of chattel, and that capital is a more valuable commodity than labor.
Slowly but surely as the rich continue to suck the lifeblood out of the
economy, the workers will realize they outnumber the capitalists and
they're change things.

wrote:

[...]

the GOP would willingly bring back feudalism if they
could...supported, no doubt, by fox news

wrote:

[...]

They're working on bringing back feudalism.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

North Star wrote:
Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

This isn't about two parties, it's about an employer and a host of
employees. If they can't remain employed on their own merit, and
without the help of a contract, there are plenty more people out there
who would appreciate a job.

-HB