Black Cloud Black Cloud is offline

Default Big corporations quaking in fear?

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), North Star wrote:

Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

Are you dissatisfied with the performance of the tires? They get pretty good ratings. Perhaps they
are trying to maintain a high quality tire at a reasonable price - something difficult to do with a
huge union influence, as our auto manufacturers discovered.