Default Big corporations quaking in fear?

bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 05:58:16 -0800 (PST), North Star
wrote:

Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

it hasnt dawned on either companies or politicians...or people for
that matter, that unions are good for business.

people will let corporations rape the environment, cause planes to
crash, destroy entire world economies...but mention 'union' and people
get hysterical

While it's true you are hysterical, most rational people are coping with
this bad situation just fine.

-HB

On 02/12/2011 2:45 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:36:09 -0500, Silver
wrote:

On 12/2/2011 8:58 AM, North Star wrote:
Unbelievable.
Michelin has gone all out over the years to keep unions out of it's
three tire plants here in Nova Scotia.
Now, our slightly labour friendly New Democratic Party gov't wants to
introduce legislation that will have a 3rd party arbitrate a '1st'
contract when the workers want to unionize. ( only when the two
parties can't come to an agreement)
Michelin had their North American president in yesterday crying about
this new law and suggesting that future investment could dry up.
Kinda makes me ashamed that I just bought 4 new tires from them on
Monday.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/editori...oon/2011-12-02

You see what unions will do to business in Canada? Dry it up, that's what.

let's see which economy has

1 more manufacturing
2 more unions

the US or canada?

oh. canada for both.

uh huh

Funny, Canadian manufacturing is dying, almost a million jobs lost in 7
years...pretty high for a country of 33 million. Most manufacturing
left services government, mines or oil. Even Government Motors is much
smaller.

As for unions, most are government of one level or another. And being
legislated into back to work and arbitration. No longer allowed the
extortion tactics of the past. Most are now neutered.

Unions are weak here, many actually get paid less than non-union as in
union, you have extra non-value added overhead.

I would say come on up and try it, but your criminal record would
prevent that.
--
All successful people have one thing in common, if even for a moment
they think rationally.

wrote:

[...]

ah. everything's fine. which is why people have to cope.

uh...how often do people have to cope with situations that are fine?

you just took a big **** all over your own position

-HB

On 02/12/2011 3:09 PM, bpuharic wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Corporations and corporationists view worker as nothing more than a form
of chattel, and that capital is a more valuable commodity than labor.
Slowly but surely as the rich continue to suck the lifeblood out of the
economy, the workers will realize they outnumber the capitalists and
they're change things.

the GOP would willingly bring back feudalism if they
could...supported, no doubt, by fox news

Funny, 0bama promises bankruptcy and 3rd world debt-tax slavery.
--
All successful people have one thing in common, if even for a moment
they think rationally.

wrote:

let's see which economy has

1 more manufacturing
2 more unions

the US or canada?

oh. canada for both.

uh huh

Funny, Canadian manufacturing is dying,

HAHAHAHA

hey moron!! been to the US?? it's not DYING it's DEAD...D E A D

DEAD!! killed by corporate greed and hatred of the middle class in
favor of turnin the US into a nation of right to work burger flippers

almost a million jobs lost in 7
years...pretty high for a country of 33 million. Most manufacturing
left services government, mines or oil. Even Government Motors is much
smaller.

now let's see...which country has HIGHER union membership and LOWER
unemployment??

the US or canada...DUH!!

As for unions, most are government of one level or another. And being
legislated into back to work and arbitration. No longer allowed the
extortion tactics of the past. Most are now neutered.

every country where unions are destroyed becomes poor

Unions are weak here, many actually get paid less than non-union as in
union, you have extra non-value added overhead.

I would say come on up and try it, but your criminal record would
prevent that.

HAHAHAHA says the guy who lives in a country with socialized
medicine...while complaiing about...

wrote:

Corporations and corporationists view worker as nothing more than a form
of chattel, and that capital is a more valuable commodity than labor.
Slowly but surely as the rich continue to suck the lifeblood out of the
economy, the workers will realize they outnumber the capitalists and
they're change things.

the GOP would willingly bring back feudalism if they
could...supported, no doubt, by fox news

Funny, 0bama promises bankruptcy and 3rd world debt-tax slavery.

says the klan klown who thinks slave owners were misunderstood

wrote:

[...]

Where did I say the situation was fine, liar?

-HB

wrote:

people will let corporations rape the environment, cause planes to
crash, destroy entire world economies...but mention 'union' and people
get hysterical
While it's true you are hysterical, most rational people are coping with
this bad situation just fine.

ah. everything's fine. which is why people have to cope.

uh...how often do people have to cope with situations that are fine?

you just took a big **** all over your own position

-HB

Where did I say the situation was fine, liar?

most people are coping? gee. why not ask the unemployed how they're
doing? you right wingers are always ready to speak for people whose
lives you want to run, to tell them how lucky they are to have you
ruin it for them

coward